Second thoughts on level kit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigb805

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I originally wanted to install a level kit on my 03 tahoe when re doing my suspension and shove some meaty tires in there but I have decided against going that route for now. I have already purchased everything for my suspension refurb including the bilstein 5100s ford keys, 2 inch spacers, moog coils and the extended jk rear links.

the truck sits at 36.5 inches from ground to fender at all wheels except rear driver is at 36 inches. the driver side torsion key bolt is bottomed out and passenger is about half an inch exposed. My first question is what is the stock height from ground to fender on these trucks? trying to get as close to stock geometry as possible until I do a correct lift down the road. Second question has to do with the parts ive already purchased. I plan to sell off the ford keys but am curious what the stance would be with moog springs and a stock height front? will I still need the 2 inch spacers or would it look like a stink bug that way lol. Im assuming if i dont use the 2 inch spacers then I no longer have a need for the jk rear links either? Sorry for so many questions just trying to figure this all out!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Well I originally wanted to install a level kit on my 03 tahoe when re doing my suspension and shove some meaty tires in there but I have decided against going that route for now. I have already purchased everything for my suspension refurb including the bilstein 5100s ford keys, 2 inch spacers, moog coils and the extended jk rear links.

the truck sits at 36.5 inches from ground to fender at all wheels except rear driver is at 36 inches. the driver side torsion key bolt is bottomed out and passenger is about half an inch exposed. My first question is what is the stock height from ground to fender on these trucks? trying to get as close to stock geometry as possible until I do a correct lift down the road. Second question has to do with the parts ive already purchased. I plan to sell off the ford keys but am curious what the stance would be with moog springs and a stock height front? will I still need the 2 inch spacers or would it look like a stink bug that way lol. Im assuming if i dont use the 2 inch spacers then I no longer have a need for the jk rear links either? Sorry for so many questions just trying to figure this all out!

If you run the 5100s at the stock notch and the rear moog springs, you should sit like a stock z71.

OP
OP
bigb805

bigb805

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you run the 5100s at the stock notch and the rear moog springs, you should sit like a stock z71.
Would you happen to know the height from ground to fender on the stock z71 LOL?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792

Latest posts