Clanking still there on my truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 Yukon Denali XL. I posted this thread in August of last year trying to chase down the problem.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/odd-sensation-on-acceleration-from-full-stop.113897/

Clanking is still there: going over a bump with the front wheels cocked to the left, something underneath the truck (I believe front driver's side) makes an extremely loud "clank". Also, this might help: I can almost swear that the front left of the vehicle is slightly dipping. Looking at the truck straight on, the driver's side seems to be squatting lower than the right. It's not level.

So far, I've changed:
1. All sway bar bushings
2. Sway bar links
3. Engine mounts

It's not the brakes or calipers. Still clanks with new pads and rotors. I did not do the front differential mounts. Tech told me they were fine; he pried on them good while truck was in the air; they didn't budge.

Based on what I bolded above, I started doing research and found that an unlevel truck and possible clank was remedied by adjusting the torsion bar, or replacing its bushings. But isn't it true that the MY 2007-2014 of these trucks don't have a torsion bar? Crossmember bushings?

Paging @Doubeleive. Thanks for all the help guys.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your exhaust and hangers for looseness or movement, left side being slightly lower may be caused from the weight of a full gas tank.

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your exhaust and hangers for looseness or movement, left side being slightly lower may be caused from the weight of a full gas tank.

That's true, I do have a full tank of gas.

I checked today for any looseness in the exhaust. Nothing out of the ordinary. I can't believe I didn't remember to check anything crossmember or torsion bar related.

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless it's a 2500 ;)

It's not a 2500. 1500 for sure.

Any abnormal wear on the front tires?

Nope. No abnormal wear. Always have alignments done regularly. Rotated and road force balanced every 7500 miles faithfully. Matter of fact I just got new tires. All the old tires had perfect wear (i.e. they all had no abnormal wear and were the same tread).

That's what's got me so confused. I've had this issue for a long time now. If it were a bushing, bearing, or a suspension component going bad, it would have presented itself in some fashion, usually with abnormal wear on the tires...and I'm ******* my truck. I drive it like I stole it, and it's my daily driver. I would have thought by now something would have broken or have allowed me to pinpoint it, but I just can't.

StatutoryAPE

Reaction score
I'm having same issue. 07 Tahoe 2wd. Noise started happening after installing belltech lowering spindles kit, new struts, springs, sway bar with endlinks and bushings. New rotors and pads. And alignment done. All this in same weekend. Then a month later the clanking started happening. Replaced a bad drivers motor mount and still had the noise. Been scratching my head for weeks. Even had discount tire break my tires loose to see if something was inside tire, cuz one of my wheel sensors came off before and was rolling around in there. But still nothing.