Civilianizing the '15 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
Did you ever get the harness from CMatt? What did you get and how did it work out. I am thinking of doing the same thing as you, adding power folding mirrors, heated seats and the center console with USB/110v/8" IO6 connectivity (my bluetooth works but when I plug into the secret spot behind the 8" screen it keeps going on>off>on>off>on>off

Cmatt is in process of helping me upgrade my 17 ppv to factory heated leather buckets and console we are going to try to make everything including rear controls work. I have already upgraded steering wheel but audio controls don’t work. I am also upgrading to the i06 radio. Will post as I get things done. Cmatt has been fast to respond and very helpful so far. Would recommend him if you are doing any upgrades that require wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamC

Reaction score
I did the harnesses for center console. Need to install I06 radio. Decided not to program the bcm to do seats and rear controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmm121783

Reaction score
Ya im talking with Matt now, being that I have an '18, the IO5 is standard equipment so I just need to unlock the ability to use Android Auto/Navigation features along with videos and video in motion. I'm also doing the steering wheel swap, DL3 mirrors, fog lights and a couple other things.

sb38646

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No. I never pursued the issue further. I believe a person with the correct GM flashing device can supposedly enable the switch circuit.
the rear windows have a dummy switch. I replaced mine from a salvage non ppv tahoe and the windows worked.

jmm121783

Reaction score
I got the power folding mirrors on and everything went well with CMatt. Looking to swap out the front seats for something black from a civilian model K2, black leather is preferred.

I do have my original Steering Wheel with controls if anyone is interested as well as the GM OEM tow hooks since they can't be run in tandem when you have the push bar. Also have a few other parts if needed.

REALLY need to figure out a shock setup (wanted 5100s but can't seem to confirm if they will work with the PPV springs. Also have the typical AC small leak from somewhere, gotta find that tonight. Since my car has the new 1234yf its a huge PITA to get it recharged, luckily I know a guy :)

Child locks on my truck are a simple button on the driver's door that unlocks/locks them electronically!

rattlesnake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
has anyone successfully added factory heated seats to their ppv or gotten rear hvac controls working?

Rubenfir09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Most of that coming from the dash won’t be used with the exception of the two orange covered wires. That connects in with my harness and carries the 120v circuits to the rear of the console. For the rest of it, you could trace back to the X61A junction block next to the brake pedal and remove.

Here’s what one version of my conversion harness looks like. It connects between the floor connector and the large 42 pin console connector, smaller gray connector and the two 120v connectors.

View attachment 329960

GM used two different types of floor connectors that would supply a jump seat on suvs without center consoles. Either a 16 pin or 23 pin. I’ve primarily seen the 23 pin on 2015 models.

16 pin
View attachment 329961

23 pin
View attachment 329962

The floor connector is located under a flap in the floor liner under the passenger seat.

For the harness coming out of the floor in yours, it looks like a modified jump seat harness. See if you can follow it under the floor liner to see what connector type you have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm having the same issues. Is there a wiring diagram or an exact harness

nikkirondeau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HEY, im new to this 2015 ppv conversion. We bought a console to put in, but the wires were just cut from the dash. We bought another console wire harness but we are having problems wiring the rear seat air control, does any one have a diagram or a video about this?

BYaggie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's 2 years later but at least the thread has a proper home and I am wondering if some folks may be missing out on some of the nicest features of the 2015+ PPV - it is a high performance sports truck with a 100,000 mile warranty :). So I am re-posting my original thread from the GM forums.

Our 'Update the PPV' project is underway.

As delivered:

View attachment 311627

1st order of business was the simple stiff like 17" alloy wheels, tow hitch cover and LTZ leather steering wheel upgrade:

View attachment 311628

View attachment 311629

The phone/DIC control pad was removed for now. I may put it back in the future.

View attachment 311630

2nd was the Katskinz Leather seat upgrade:

The skins where labeled as "Bucket Seat", but they fit the Bench seats as they appear to be identical to the buckets except for the inboard airbag on the drivers seat back. The job was a simple Saturday morning DIY project. Not hard at all. Just be sure to disconnect the batteries to disable the seat airbags.

View attachment 311631

Then the spot light came off - I must say, for an OEM RPO option the installation is very poor - It is not up to OEM standards, it is more like shade tree hack job. Look how rough the holes look like.

My local bodywork guy will weld in a patch and paint the a-pillar to clean everything up.

View attachment 311632

View attachment 311633

Next up, was the LTZ carpet install upgrade:

Removing the PPV rubber floor was a simple matter of gutting the interior, replacing with GM OEM carpets and reinstalling the seats and trim. It was a simple because using OEM carpets rather than "exact fit aftermarket" carpets means no cutting or trimming needed.

Rubber Floor

oi7WKd.jpg

Naked Floor

View attachment 311634

Carpeted floor

View attachment 311635

Soon after that the Corsa Sport upgrade - not the smartest move.

View attachment 311636

G7JzG1.jpg

Still to come is the driver side assist handle, center console, 8" NAV upgrade, chrome grill (perhaps door handles and mirror covers), fog lamps, chin spoiler, trailer brake controls and chrome trim rear bumper step cover.

Stay tuned if you like.
I Love your Tahoe. I have a 2015 PPV Tahoe that is a ex Oklahoma State Bureau Of Investigation Vehicle. I purchased it with 130K miles. My question is how did you wire the LTZ seats & console into the PPV unit?