Chugging or miss fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowbum

Reaction score

Snowbum

TYF Newbie​

Ok so yesterday out of no where I got a semi rough start, and rough idle. Lots of vibration when I Rev it Maybe not chugging but felt as if not all cylinders were firing. Couldn’t get any codes off of it. I had a fuel filter on hand and that’s why I was/am changing it out. I’m not sure by any means that the filter is the problem.

Due to current fuel prices I have been keeping her filled. That said if it’s the fuel pump, well that going to be a nightmare, but whatever. So my question is has anyone else had this happen? Should I be looking at plugs and wires, maybe CSP ? Or is this a sign that the pump is the problem?

Zero codes

Any info would be appreciated

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snowbum

Snowbum

Reaction score
Info about your rig? Year, miles, flex fuel or not, maintenance history, any codes showing up with a scan tool?
2000 Yukon Denali 160k direct injection weird carburetor thing I don’t think it’s flex fuel , zero codes ,L31 5.7

OP
OP
Snowbum

Snowbum

Reaction score
Info about your rig? Year, miles, flex fuel or not, maintenance history, any codes showing up with a scan tool?

Attachments

• 1E1145EB-B1D6-492D-A5F8-07EA02373A2E.png
    1E1145EB-B1D6-492D-A5F8-07EA02373A2E.png
    534.8 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
Snowbum

Snowbum

Reaction score
Had that thought to, but due to gas prices I’ve been keeping it topped off. I use Costco gas which is a very busy station, was also wondering about vacuum lines

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had that thought to, but due to gas prices I’ve been keeping it topped off. I use Costco gas which is a very busy station, was also wondering about vacuum lines
I've seen people take something relatively flammable (i.e. carburetor cleaner or the like) and spray around the engine while it is running. If you have an intake leak, that should cause the idle to change in the engine -- though I'm sure I am mangling my description on this one. You might want to search youtube for "rough idle" and get some other ideas.

OP
OP
Snowbum

Snowbum

Reaction score
I've seen people take something relatively flammable (i.e. carburetor cleaner or the like) and spray around the engine while it is running. If you have an intake leak, that should cause the idle to change in the engine -- though I'm sure I am mangling my description on this one. You might want to search youtube for "rough idle" and get some other ideas.
Yeah I might give that a try

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287

Latest posts