Check stability, service break booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I think once you tell the rig what instrument cluster you have, some or all of your problems go away. Do you have a Tech 2? If not, get one. Having the dealer do this may be something they will not even attempt on the older rig and if they do it could cost half the price of a new Tech 2.

OP
OP
Z

Zburhop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think once you tell the rig what instrument cluster you have, some or all of your problems go away. Do you have a Tech 2? If not, get one. Having the dealer do this may be something they will not even attempt on the older rig and if they do it could cost half the price of a new Tech 2.
Is there a way to tell if the cluster is the original or not? The guy swears up
And down it’s the original... also the tech 2 I sent compatible with modern computers right? For that make it less useful?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What was his answer after I ASSUME you asked why the cluster was just hanging there without being attached?

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking here: "also the tech 2 I sent compatible with modern computers right? For that make it less useful?"

Maybe someone else can un-jumble this. Proper English?

OP
OP
Z

Zburhop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What was his answer after I ASSUME you asked why the cluster was just hanging there without being attached?

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking here: "also the tech 2 I sent compatible with modern computers right? For that make it less useful?"

Maybe someone else can un-jumble this. Proper English?
I did. He told me he knows cars and you cannot replace a instrument cluster in any car newer then 2002 lol the problem is that for him to admit that he replaced it is for him to admit to improper miles so he can’t be trusted. What I was saying is that the tech 2 apparently cannot be connected to modern computers. I was wondering how useful it is without a computer connection. I’m moving across the country and bought this truck instead of renting a uhaul. My plan is to sell it after the trip. I’m just trying to get it in good enough shape that I’m comfortable with the drive. So I probably won’t invest in that many specialty tools.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe and my Tech 2 connects and works and I would bet that it would work on the 2004 GMC. Thank you for clearing up my confusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick