SOLVED: CHECK YOUR FUSES - 2003 Yukon XL Denali - Service Stability after Hydro Boost replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anonomoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have searched threads and there are similar issues but few if any have come back with the extra codes.

I have an 03 Yukon XL Denali
I replaced the hydro boost as it was leaking power steering fluid all over the polk
There were no codes or issues prior to performing this service
Following the service and during the bleed procedure I noticed the service stability message
The ABS Light, Brake light, and the Traction Control lights appear on the dash shortly after startup and do not go away on a drive.
Brakes seem fine though I do not think the ABS is engaging

I am pulling the following codes:
P1571 - Traction Control Torque Request Circuit
P1689 - Traction Control Delivered Torque Output Circuit

Not sure what my next steps should be and yes I have searched but my google-fu might be a bit poor. Hoping some insight from brighter minds here :p

-moe

Attachments

• sereevicestaability.JPG
    sereevicestaability.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 6
  • P1689.JPG
    P1689.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 6
  • P1571.JPG
    P1571.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
A

anonomoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still struggling with this issue and haven't found any clear direction. The p1571 and 1689 DTCs come up when running DTC through the drivetrain menu on the tech2 (vcx nano). When I try to run the chassis DTC, select ABS, I get "loss of communication... " so I am thinking I need a new ABS control unit. Yet the unit still shows connected... I am guessing it's an issue with buggy sw/hw on a crappy clone (vcx nano).

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very possible a ground issue at ABS module ground. A recent post on ABS/VSS is here if I can find it.TSB related Also.
Not exact but you can see similarities and some wiring.

Last edited:

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still struggling with this issue and haven't found any clear direction. The p1571 and 1689 DTCs come up when running DTC through the drivetrain menu on the tech2 (vcx nano). When I try to run the chassis DTC, select ABS, I get "loss of communication... " so I am thinking I need a new ABS control unit. Yet the unit still shows connected... I am guessing it's an issue with buggy sw/hw on a crappy clone (vcx nano).
I get loss of communication on all sorts of stuff with my vxdiag. Not very impressed with it and would be scared trying any adventurous programming. It crapped out in me calibrating the blend door actuators a with loss of comms. Might try wiping the laptop and reinstalling. Been through too many iterations.

But I have been able to see all the data that I've tried.

OP
OP
A

anonomoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I am pretty embarrassed for two reasons.
1. I did NOT disconnect the negative lead to the battery prior to removing/reinstalling the brake switch at the pedal
2. I did not check the fuse until this am

25afuse.JPG

The good news is that the service stability message is gone, as is the traction control lamp on the dash, also the brake lights now work
The bad news is that the brake light and the ABS light on the dash are both still illuminated

Very possible a ground issue at ABS module ground. A recent post on ABS/VSS is here if I can find it.TSB related Also.
Not exact but you can see similarities and some wiring.

Thanks for this checking it now <fingers crossed>

I get loss of communication on all sorts of stuff with my vxdiag. Not very impressed with it and would be scared trying any adventurous programming. It crapped out in me calibrating the blend door actuators a with loss of comms. Might try wiping the laptop and reinstalling. Been through too many iterations.

But I have been able to see all the data that I've tried.
Thanks for the insight, based on my experience I might just return the VCX nano to amazon :p
Though I understadn even with an actual tech2 the connectors can go bad as well so mmmv

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run my VXDIAG Nano in Wine on linux laptop. Almost a plug n play setup. Finding the proper driver took awhile, but easy install. Runs perfect.
Setting up another laptop for Nano Pro all makes, it a bit tougher. Still way easier than Winders.

OP
OP
A

anonomoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Issues resolved. Checked grounds, broke heater core connector in the process, what an awful design. Coming out of the firewall and the pass.side engine cover just popped it off.

Anyway after mopping up the coolant and replacing the busted connector I found that there was another blown fuse, the 10a on the left side of the instrument panel

Definitely going to check all fuses before posting on a public forum again. :cool:
SMH <wiping egg from face>
Nice to see this return on the Tech2

Attachments

• tech2.PNG
    tech2.PNG
    40.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for closing the loop on your issue. Most folks here on this Forum overlook things from time to time (more often for me). It is a human thing, and that is nothing to feel bad about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcuevas9026