cheap HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
A z71 tahoe is cheaper than an LT tahoe? I"m talking about a NBS like tybardy.

when I bought my 06 yukon I went looking at chevys too. The book they gave me listed the trims in order. Base, LS, Z71, LT, LTZ. This was in 06 when the suburban was avail in LTZ. the LT trim was about 1500 dollars more than the z71. As the z71 has less standard interior features than an LT, It just has some suspenion and exterior changes.

According to the book z71 came standard with the 5.3, leather cd player, onstar etc, heated seats, etc was optional. LT came standard with the LT smooth suspension, heated seats, 6 cd changer, power adjustible peddles, etc.

Then LTZ had everything but nav and dvd as optional. Plus a 6.0 and awd.

when the new new body style came out z71 was not avail until late and its just an added option to the LT, its not its own trim level any more.

laydout97

05'Tahoe
Reaction score
So the nnbs changed. I always thought that 01-06 models had separate trim levels. I also thought that the z71 trim level was higher than a LT model. Basically, base model, ls, lt, z71

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
So the nnbs changed. I always thought that 01-06 models had separate trim levels. I also thought that the z71 trim level was higher than a LT model. Basically, base model, ls, lt, z71

it may have been different for the last model year. But this info is from my book about chevys in 06.

jhellwig

Reaction score
I think the z71 nbs were assembled in mexico. LS I got is us assembled. That probably has to do with weird prices.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
nothing really... I think I have it all, just saw this thread turning into a 12 page rant...

HOWEVER, I do have a question regarding non-HID lighting for the bumper lights

Where can I score a bulb to replace the orange bulb in the bumper light? autozone up the street from me has nothing

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

wait wait... actually... what heat rating does everyone like?

From what I understand, 5000k is the brightest it gets... the higher it goes from there, it gets a little bluer but a little dimmer... I was thinking about going 6000k, maybe 7000k.

I want a slight blue tint to my lights... anyone have pictures of their 35k - 5000k setups?

laydout97

05'Tahoe
Reaction score
Any auto parts store should have an orange 3157 bulb. I guess the zone was just out. Now would be the time for some leds. I have some clear corners ordered and I'm putting leds in the parking lights.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

I have 8k's in my s10. I can run out and get a pic of them if you would like me to.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
no, I want to get rid of the orange... I want to replace them with white or blue or something other then orange because orange sucks...

how blue are those 8k?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny