Changing to a non computer controlled engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

3Bignewfiedogs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm all for old fashioned carburetor NA motors. But so much in you vehicle is driven of the ECM and engine feedback. You'll need to change out the fuel pump or at least come up with a ton of mods and regulator to make it work. I believe there is an extra bolt on the trans for the LS and without the bell housing will crack if you put serious power to it. Then there is the trans control. You'll spend more time and money trying to make that swap work than rebuilding what you have. There are so many companies building LS long blocks I'm sure you can find something reasonable.

Thanks for the input.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe its possible to go with one of those holley efi carbs. i think they have alot of extra inputs and outputs that generally dont get used. maybe some of those will give you the signals you need and make it easier. as far as the awd system i wouldn't know.

OP
OP

3Bignewfiedogs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm using a Sniper "carb" setup. Actually it looks like a carb but is a self contained EFI unit w/the computer built into the "carb". Easy to use as Yukon already is EFI so no changes needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts