Changed All O2 Sensors, Still Have Service Light Always On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HELLO DI A SCAN AND IT SAID ALL FOUR NEED TO BO REPLACED. I DID THIS WITH BATTERY DISCONNECTED. DID A RESTART AND LIGHT WAS OFF FOR A DAY. NEXT DAY SERVICE LIGHT IS ALWAYS ON, DID ANOTHER SCAN AND WAS TOLD ALL FOUR 02 SENSORS ARE NOT WORKING.
TROUBLE SHOOTING TIME. DO I REPLACE THE MALE PLUG IN ON ALL O2 SENSORS?
NOT SURE WHAT TO DO SO I AM ASKING NOW?
THANK YOU.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now-what-were-yelling-about-made-on-imgur-13888630.png

Post up your exact codes. The PCM isn't there just to monitor the sensors and report if the sensor itself is "bad". Look at it as something in that particular system isn't right. In this case, your exhaust may be rich or lean and your catalytic converters may be bad.

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry for late reply,life gets in the way.i decided to update any or all software on my Actron CP9690 ELITE SCANNER.Yes it took it and i got alot of new features and updates
Did my first scan and had ten codes from 02 sensors to front wheel speed sensors and engine head pressure low, and service engine.
wow was i disappointed!
sO I SAT THERE CRUSHED WHEN A LIGHT CAME ON AND SAID ERASE ALL CODES. I did this,did a rescan after turning power off and then reconnecting to OBD. THE RESCAN SAID ZERO CODES FOUND. I WAS DUMBFOUNDED. I did another rescan to verify and again no codes.
Did i do this right or maybe this is wrong
I will wait for reply

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i also did a live data stream and could not find any rich or lean. it was fun to watch all the data numbers change with the throttle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645