Arnott swapp - Service Suspension light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarkHorse07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I appreciate the help for the issue I am having. I have read just about everything I could find and still do not think the answer has been provided and so I registered on the Forum.

2016 Yukon Denali XL
History - Was riding really stiff/bouncy but had no suspension codes. Decided to buy the Arnott SK-4261 and AS-3429's after reading a lot of threads. Installation went extremely smooth. Battery was disconnected for MANY hours to make sure codes would not pop up, and yet...

*Service Suspension* light begins to appear and limits the Yukon to 84 mph

So what have I tried...
1. Arnott is awesome and sent me new resistors to try. Nothing, still have light. (battery was disconnected for 30+ min multiple times to try to clear code)
2. Removed "RTD" fuse (again battery was disconnected for 30+ min). This immediately flashed on the dash the Service Suspension warning... retried 4 more times and no change in outcome
3. Removed "ACL" and "RTD" fuse and same result as #2.

What else have I missed? I am tired of being mph limited and having a warning light.

Thank you all again.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a good scan tool hooked up and see what codes it is showing. Should help narrow things down. Also, might check the various wire harnesses to make sure you didn’t accidentally damage one of them.

Reaction score
Make sure the wire harness on the inside of the frame near the top rear shock mounting bolts are still connected good.

On the GMT900's, they tend to come unplugged when messing with that top shock bolt. Not sure if your model year is the same.

OP
OP
D

DarkHorse07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What scanning tool or where is the most cost affective way to read the codes?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What scanning tool or where is the most cost affective way to read the codes?
if you have a old laptop floating around you could order a vcx nano, those come with gds2 software which is what the dealer uses, the software can be a bit tricky to get working but for the price it's a steal. you can find them new for around $100-120 and then you will always have it when needed down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar