Ceramic Coating your Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use an Absorber, and I don’t have to wring it out every 10 sec….
Bonus is, it’s not heavy, no lint, and never needs to be washed. I may wring it 3 times drying mine. One of the best drying cloths I’ve ever used….

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So mine came from the dealer with a "ceramic coating" it beads up really well but you still need to dry it. So I use a combination of my gas leaf blower and these https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B086M83K76?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-t1_ypp_rep_k0_1_8&amp&crid=1W1SHTAW5MDGB&amp&sprefix=chemical

Those towels work really really well. It takes 2 to dry my entire XL and Ill probably grab a third just in case. You can literally just drag it across the car like you would an old shammy but you dont need to wring it out every 10 seconds. Its kind of amazing how much water this thing can hold.
What's funny is while drying off my Yukon in the shade today, this guy pulls up next to me and whips out his EGO blower to dry his car. He had the longer tube setup, but I didn't pay him any mind cause he kept looking at me as if I was going to say something about it.... You know how you encounter "that guy" that bumps his music really loud to get your attention, or goes out of his way to get you to look at his new toy, thinking you'd be amazed with envy and start a conversation with him... Yeah, this was "that guy". I'm pretty sure he wanted to brag about his EGO (Pun and no pun intended), but I just didn't want to give him the time of day. I just wanted to finish detailing my Yukon.

They do have air blowers at the hand car wash I usually go to, but the air pressure isn't that strong, and the nozzle is too narrow for a good amount of air to blow out. I'm pretty sure they do that on purpose so you'd have to put more coins in the machine.

These are the microfiber towels I use: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Platinum-Series-Plush-Microfiber-Dusting-Towels-2-Count/112435406

The ones I bought came in a pack of 6, so I bought 18 in total. I love, love, love these towels. A lot of companies claim to have soft towels (I'm looking at you Amazon), but until you touch them with your own two hands, you'll never know what a true microfiber towel will ever feel like.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts