Ceramic Coating your Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLMBT

Reaction score
Does anyone know if ceramic coating is actually good for your yukon? If so what type of ceramic coating do you get and can it be done at home? What about hybrid ceramic coating?

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as it’s done correctly yea it’s good for the paint, a lot of work, time consuming. Adam’s polishes has a lot of good products and demonstrations on YouTube. Lots of other good products out there too tho

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had PPF applied to the entire front end to include a-pillars and side mirrors. The IGL ceramic coating was applied. I did neither but support a small local business who does all vehicles and some high-end vehicles too. I always joke that I bring down the value of his business when I drive in. It's been over a year and after a home-spa day, the paint is still better than it was on the lot.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine ceramic coated shortly after purchase. Been holding up nice.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All my vehicles are ceramic coated with the 9yr Gtechniq ceramic. We have them paint corrected first and then coated. A local shop does it here. I highly recommend it. Makes washing it so much easier and it looks amazing.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your vehicle is ceramic coated, I’ve been told that you should no longer Claybar it. What is out there that you can use to remove atmospheric fallout that makes your ceramic coating paint feel rough?

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out pan the organizer on youtube, he has a ton of videos on washing, waxing, ceramic coating applications, reviews, and proper ways to use all of them. I think he has vids on how to take care of your ceramic coatings as well. He is a professional auto detailer for 25 years as well so good source of information

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
Xpel makes a great ceramic coating. You can find a local shop on their website, I believe it is a 4/5yr coating.

Local shop in NJ quoted 1795 for a Yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345