center console for 2013 Chevy Tahoe (finally he found out how to fix the title)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is probably straight forward to install the console itself, is there a write up that someone did?
Take both front seats out. You don't even have to disconnect the seat belt, you will be able to maneuver the seats out and onto the ground surface. It'll give you a good chance to clean and vacuum as well, I found a 9mm hollow point under one of my front seats....

The two main rear support tangs for the console go around the rear seat studs, the seats go on top and are sandwiched down by the seat bolts. Might take a little finessing, but it keeps it nice and sturdy.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
what are the torque specs for the nuts that keep the seat bolted to the floor?

Torque, what's that ? make the German torque, guut and tite.

Snug them up they aren't going to rotate. and most likely won't vibrate out.

I'm sure there is a Correct torque spec some where. A 1/4 in bolt is 80 in lbs . I think the studs are 5/16 so go like 130 in lbs.

I'm also sure you can Google a standard torque spec sheet based on fastener size.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Torque, what's that ? make the German torque, guut and tite.

Snug them up they aren't going to rotate. and most likely won't vibrate out.

I'm sure there is a Correct torque spec some where. A 1/4 in bolt is 80 in lbs . I think the studs are 5/16 so go like 130 in lbs.

I'm also sure you can Google a standard torque spec sheet based on fastener size.

Oh yeah I actually have a copy of that, BUT that's the best/max torque spec for the bolt/nut, I wouldn't apply that to valve covers for example. (oh and 80-130 inch lbs, doesn't sound like a lot for a seat)

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take both front seats out. You don't even have to disconnect the seat belt, you will be able to maneuver the seats out and onto the ground surface. It'll give you a good chance to clean and vacuum as well, I found a 9mm hollow point under one of my front seats....

The two main rear support tangs for the console go around the rear seat studs, the seats go on top and are sandwiched down by the seat bolts. Might take a little finessing, but it keeps it nice and sturdy.

oops... yeah I hope there's nothing like that lingering in mine, my employer doesn't like that at all.

Ron

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
My ICE truck came with bench seats in the front so I get a cool lockable, hidden cubby with an extra 12v AUX power, 3 cup holders and a storage "bin".

Having issues with my rear controls, I think the actuators in the the back that electronically change baffles in the rear HVAC aren't working because I'm having issues getting it to switch between floor and ceiling and also it only get heat sometimes. The rear HVAC unit is warm to the touch so I'm getting hot coolant to the back, having some issue though.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was posting from information made for my truck, which may differ from yours, I've never looked at them, just poked around the manual for you.

Ah.. well thank you for that, I appreciate it. My center console should arrive Monday, so probably install it next weekend. So I probably have to poke around a bit (I noticed these 4 VIM bolts)

Wondering, does the console and bracket go in together? or the bracket first and then the console?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo