center console for 2013 Chevy Tahoe (finally he found out how to fix the title)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the center console, and what's in the back of it (does anyone recognize it?

View attachment 186215 View attachment 186216

That's it! Grab it!

The cup holders are drop-ins, so you can go with none, one or two, no problem. Sell the extra holder to recoup some of your console expense. I'm not even sure the PPV has the connectors for the harness for the console. Ours didn't have the harness (other than the upfitters harness), and I wasn't willing to pull the dash apart to see if the connectors were even there for the HVAC and radio to plug into.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's it! Grab it!

The cup holders are drop-ins, so you can go with none, one or two, no problem. Sell the extra holder to recoup some of your console expense. I'm not even sure the PPV has the connectors for the harness for the console. Ours didn't have the harness (other than the upfitters harness), and I wasn't willing to pull the dash apart to see if the connectors were even there for the HVAC and radio to plug into.

I already grabbed that console from Ebay last night ($340 incl. shipping and it looks clean with no scuffs)

I noticed the cup holders being like that, I also saw, on Ebay, there are parts for that console that have cupholders and a storage area with lids on them, but this one looks nice enough

ILikeEggs already mentioned to me on how to find the power cable for the cigarette lighter, so that part is easy. I wonder if the "radio" in the back is just some sort of "terminal" that 'taps' into the existing stereo. I'll have to check and see what connections it has.

I don't know what the knobs are for, I'd guess they are more likely to be audio ones, than HVAC ones. but we'll see. If nothing else, I can probably just take it out and replace it with a cover or 'tray'.

Ron

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the radio controls on the console actually get wired into a harness that goes to an amp that's usually in the bottom of the console. I haven't seen the harness, nor the amp, and no one on this forum could provide any enlightenment when I was installing the console in our truck, so our radio controls on the console are just there keeping the truck from floating away in high water. :D

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the radio controls on the console actually get wired into a harness that goes to an amp that's usually in the bottom of the console. I haven't seen the harness, nor the amp, and no one on this forum could provide any enlightenment when I was installing the console in our truck, so our radio controls on the console are just there keeping the truck from floating away in high water. :D

Oh ok... I might leave them there telling passengers they are the latest entertainment center upgrades, fidget spinners..

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those buttons do not control the A/C, it's just an RSA unit. Download an owner's manual and read up on it. Get a subscription to AllDataDIY and get access to the wiring diagrams and everything else. Buy a Tech2 so you can diagnose problems quickly and less expensively than throwing parts at it.

At differing times, GMC and Chevrolet used that console type with the two cup holders inside the change tray. At other times it was enclosed by a door. I find the former more convenient and to my tastes.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those buttons do not control the A/C, it's just an RSA unit. Download an owner's manual and read up on it. Get a subscription to AllDataDIY and get access to the wiring diagrams and everything else. Buy a Tech2 so you can diagnose problems quickly and less expensively than throwing parts at it.

At differing times, GMC and Chevrolet used that console type with the two cup holders inside the change tray. At other times it was enclosed by a door. I find the former more convenient and to my tastes.

ok, cool... what is an "RSA unit", what does it do? and do you happen to have a link for the manual of it?

thanks,

Ron

wait: Rear Seat Audio?

Last edited:

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
You have RSA, rear seat audio without A/C controls. If you already have rear A/C, I bet you have the controls in the headliner. Makes hooking this up easier and cleaner, no duplicity. Somebody added an extra drink holder, must've been thirsty!

James, he is dealing with a SSV , the only control for the rear a/c is on the dash, The radio rsa is a completely different wiring harness.

I was just wondering what the 'unit' in the back of the console actually is. I thought it was just a simple radio?

So the knobs are AC controls too? Basically I was just looking for a center console, storage, (bin, tray, cup holders) and wasn't too worried about electronics. Since it is there and if it is easy to hook up, I probably will. (So the knobs

Ron, forget the electronics, the only thing you can do is take a voltmeter and figure out which wires and their polarity for the 12volt outlets wire them up to a 12v feed under the dash.

It is probably straight forward to install the console itself, is there a write up that someone did?

Yes easy install , using a E18 star socket, remove the inboard seat bolts, loosen the outboard seat bolts, tilt the seats outward, maybe prop them up with a 2x4 and slide the console in place over the rear alignment pins

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
James, he is dealing with a SSV , the only control for the rear a/c is on the dash, The radio rsa is a completely different wiring harness.

Ron, forget the electronics, the only thing you can do is take a voltmeter and figure out which wires and their polarity for the 12volt outlets wire them up to a 12v feed under the dash.

Yes easy install , using a E18 star socket, remove the inboard seat bolts, loosen the outboard seat bolts, tilt the seats outward, maybe prop them up with a 2x4 and slide the console in place over the rear alignment pins

Actually there is A/C control .. but in the roof/ceiling. The RSA thing seems really simple.but I haven't seen the actual thing yet, just ordered/bought it last night, but it looks like something real simple. I might not even hook it up, if it's too much work.

I ordered the VIM V620 GM rail socket (or whatever it is called) that should work for all nuts on those seats

The 2x4 I kinda imagined too as an idea...

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh before I forget, probably not 'that' important.. what are the torque specs for the nuts that keep the seat bolted to the floor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts