center console for 2013 Chevy Tahoe (finally he found out how to fix the title)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought a Chevy Tahoe "fleet" vehicle (was a gov vehicle). I don't know if it is a ppv or ssv (or what the differences with a 'regular' Tahoe are)

It came without a center console and I would like to build one in. I don't really care about electronics, audio in the back etc, but if it isn't too much work and $$$ I'll take it. (I am more looking for an OEM center console for the cup holders, storage etc.)

Any ideas about what console to get? and where?

thanks,

Ron

PS: oops.. I meant to type "center console"

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than likely you are going to pay a price, as Roger gave you a good indication of above. Most 'local to you' salvage yards that hold late model vehicles are very in tune to current pricing also, so your only probable place to score one at a better price will be with a local part-out on Craigslist.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than likely you are going to pay a price, as Roger gave you a good indication of above. Most 'local to you' salvage yards that hold late model vehicles are very in tune to current pricing also, so your only probable place to score one at a better price will be with a local part-out on Craigslist.

probably, I noticed the black ones being 'rarer' and in not as god a shape, or have trim that needs to replaced to match the car.

And of course one starts thinking, how would a gray one, with black lid, trim and cup holder look.. instead of the other way around.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron Search EBay they are out there expect to pay around 400.00

Did anyone here ever figure out what parts to get from GM, and what the total there would cost (if one would go without the electronics for example)

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I would almost bet that you cant get one from GM ready to go out of the box.
Some have a blank panel on the rear- this would be for the SSV/PPV

Some have rear entertainment controls
Some have rear HVAC controls

None of which will work in a PPV/SSV due to the lack of wiring. I did hook up the 12v power outlets.

Keep looking on EBay it might take a while. I think mine came out of an Avalanche

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would almost bet that you cant get one from GM ready to go out of the box.
Some have a blank panel on the rear- this would be for the SSV/PPV

Some have rear entertainment controls
Some have rear HVAC controls

None of which will work in a PPV/SSV due to the lack of wiring. I did hook up the 12v power outlets.

Keep looking on EBay it might take a while. I think mine came out of an Avalanche

Found one on ebay, black, looks real clean, no scuffs etc, for a really good price if I look at what's being charged on ebay. (and maybe I can get creative with the wiring :) )

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the center console, and what's in the back of it (does anyone recognize it?

s-l1600.jpg s-l1605.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have RSA, rear seat audio without A/C controls. If you already have rear A/C, I bet you have the controls in the headliner. Makes hooking this up easier and cleaner, no duplicity. Somebody added an extra drink holder, must've been thirsty!

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have RSA, rear seat audio without A/C controls. If you already have rear A/C, I bet you have the controls in the headliner. Makes hooking this up easier and cleaner, no duplicity. Somebody added an extra drink holder, must've been thirsty!

That's correct, the AC is in the healiner/ceiling, I was just wondering what the 'unit' in the back of the console actually is. I thought it was just a simple radio?

So the knobs are AC controls too? Basically I was just looking for a center console, storage, (bin, tray, cup holders) and wasn't too worried about electronics. Since it is there and if it is easy to hook up, I probably will. (So the knobs are AC and heating or so?)

It is probably straight forward to install the console itself, is there a write up that someone did?

The extra cup holder appears to have an ass tray too.. well.. that's gonna go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019