Cell phone mounts, who uses what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
I use the adhesive mounted magnetic kind. Cheap and effective.

View attachment 215582
View attachment 215583
I had to move really fast to get the second pic of my phone...with my phone.
What brand is that?

I like that location. Wasn't too keen on permanently sticking something to the dash, but that's actually stuck on the trim piece. Not as bad as the dash pad, probably easier to remove if need be.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Bart Hinder

Reaction score
How'd you do it and what head unit do you have?

It's the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX. The mirroring feature is called Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. It doesn't have GPS, you just mirror the Maps app from your smartphone. Which means you're screwed if you're in an area without 4G, but it's about $200 less than a real GPS unit. Pioneer could lower the price point even more if they'd ditch the DVD feature.

13yukonNJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What brand is that?

I like that location. Wasn't too keen on permanently sticking something to the dash, but that's actually stuck on the trim piece. Not as bad as the dash pad, probably easier to remove if need be.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

Looks like it's a MagicMount. I have one that looks the exact same but sticks onto the windshield via suction. Very low profile. I got it at Walmart for 20 bucks a couple years ago and it still hasn't lost any suction. I slide the magnetic piece in between my phone and the case, and it still sticks to the mount just fine. Only if I hit a massive pothole will the phone fall off.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been using TechMatte MagGrip air vent mounts for my/wife cell phones and camper rear view camera display. They hold well and having seen any issues with breaking the air vent fins. Got them in several cars, love them.

https://www.amazon.com/TechMatte-Ma...=1549391401&sr=1-3&keywords=TechMatte+MagGrip

Hey I forgot to ask, can you tilt those so they point towards the driver's line of sight instead of straight back?

Man, you're way tougher than I am. If I even begin to perspire I'm calling 911.

I'm a windows down driver whenever possible. Minimal use of the AC is less wear and tear on this 300K+ old girl. And AC phucks with my sinuses. :confused:

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand is that?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
phone mount.PNG