Cell phone mounts, who uses what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've been looking at cell phone mounts and see many different types out there.

Windshield suction cup, stick on dash, vent clip, 12v receptacle, cup holder, etc.

I don't use my phone much while in the car, mostly just to run the Torque app to show some gauges and have been setting it in the cup holder or laying in the area between the cup holder and dash.

I'm a bit leary on using vent clip mounts thinking those can break the vent louvers or damage the vent. I also don't want something permanent like some of the dash mounts.

Thought about a 12v receptacle mount that has a short flex style neck. When used on drivers side receptacle it'll place the phone along side the hvac controls and just below the shift lever when in drive. It'll also be able to charge the phone if needed.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put mine on the center console lid. But I have android auto and ran the USB into the center comsole as well.

Other thanthat, I would say a nice windshield suction mount and check it when its extremely hot or cold. The ones Verizon sells are awesome, and you can find them on ebay for 1/2 if not 1/3 of their asking price..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Windshield suction cup, stick on dash, vent clip, 12v receptacle, cup holder, etc.

I don't use my phone much while in the car, mostly just to run the Torque app to show some gauges and have been setting it in the cup holder or laying in the area between the cup holder and dash.

I'm a bit leary on using vent clip mounts thinking those can break the vent louvers or damage the vent. I also don't want something permanent like some of the dash mounts.

Thought about a 12v receptacle mount that has a short flex style neck. When used on drivers side receptacle it'll place the phone along side the hvac controls and just below the shift lever when in drive. It'll also be able to charge the phone if needed.

For the last two weeks I've been researching this myself Tom. Just bought one of those cupholder mounts with a long and adjustable neck from Amazon today. The others either placed the phone too far away from my hands or blocked or got in the way of the various dash controls.

I usually leave the phone on the console lid but wanted something so I can see it if I decide to let the built in phone and Onstar lapse.

Also chose a mount that grabbed the phone and not a magnet so I can manipulate the controls without worrying about it moving out of place or falling off.

Anyhow, here's what's coming:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N39P1EG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been using the ikross vent mount since I had my nbs, they changed the design a couple years ago not sure how well the new style works but the old style works great, they even make a cd slot mount, cup mounts and a headrest mount for the kids in back, they also make bike mounts, kitchen mounts, etc
http://www.ikross.com/?product_cat=car-mount

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18
just remember to bring the phone inside I left my in the car for a short amount of time and the phone blew up to 4 times it's size but it was very hot that day

shattering the screen and permanently bending the phone

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a mount from Iottie with a gel suction mount that sticks quite well to the pebble finish of the dash pad. It telescopes and pivots to adjust perfectly. In my case I put it directly in front of the vents to keep it cool in the summer . It's stable enough to tap on the phone while it's up there .

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Note 8 fits perfectly into the tray on top of the armrest/console. No need for a mount. My daughter is the primary driver of the Denali, and she also has a Note 8, so we're both good.

I'm actually contemplating doing the wireless charge hack so that it will charge whenever it's in there.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have been using one of these for years... works great.

rps20190203_225519_957.jpg

The nice thing is the magnet attaches to your phone... which comes in handy if you are working on something in the dark. You can turn your flashlight on your phone on and stick it to something steel under your hood.

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Kuda mount with a WizGear Magnet in my 07 Escalade. Out of 3 different mounts I tried, it was the best looking/working option I found. In my 2000 Tahoe I used the ProClip Mount with the WizGear magnet and it worked great too.

2007 Escalade:

2007_Escalade_Kuda_Mount_WizGear_Phone_Magnet.jpg

2000 Tahoe:

3d_woodgrain_molded_dash_08_shifter.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep