CEL - 15 Different Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scolba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Folks!

First let me start off by saying thank you to a lot of the members here. When shopping for a new-to-us Yukon XL, I lurked a whole bunch here, and a lot of the info I found lead us to our eventual purchase. So thank you!

Now, niceties out of the way...lol, onto the problem! :D

So we have a 2008 Yukon XL SLT-2, 4WD, 5.3L (vin 3) with around 115k on the clock. Yesterday I noticed a check engine light. I figured the CEL for the airbag sensor finally was showing up, as nothing else seemed off...its running just fine and dandy. Today, however, I dropped by Advance Auto Parts on the way home to have them read the codes, and it shows 15(!) different codes. They are as follows:

P0191
P0192
P0193
P0231
P0232
P023F
P0604
P0606
P064A
P06A6
P1255
P2534
P2635
P069E - This one was actually listed twice
U0073

So I have started researching these a bit, and it looks like its pointing to the fuel system. But as with most problems on vehicles, I figured somebody out here has to have had this happen too, so I wanted to check here with you all before really digging too deep and freaking out. lol

Some further information....yesterday I replaced the right rear outside door handle, and as part of that, disconnected the negative side of the battery. When I reconnected, there was some minor arcing from the cable end to the terminal, not nothing unusual. Other than that, there hasn't been anything done to it. Any chance that those things could have contributed to the problem? Slim chance, but one can hope. :)

Also, I seem to remember on some past vehicles that if the gas cap isn't tightened all the way it can start throwing weird codes....is that a thing on these? Again, just grasping at cheap and easy straws. lol

So what do you guys think? Have you seen anything like this? Are these codes/set of codes tied to any known issue?

Thanks a lot for any help!

And because threads are worthless without pics....heres one of our newish baby. I pretty much ignore my F150 anymore because I love this thing so much. haha.

yuk.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If it was my ride, I'd clear out all of the codes and take it for a nice ride. I don't know if everyone would agree with that, but who knows what kind of life it led before and what happened before you bought it. You might luck out and have 1/2 the codes clear out, then go from there.

OP
OP
scolba

scolba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a way without an ODB II scanner to clear them? I really should just get my own scanner...my truck is getting to the age where its bound to start throwing codes too.

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way without an ODB II scanner to clear them? I really should just get my own scanner...my truck is getting to the age where its bound to start throwing codes too.

You can clear most codes by disconnecting the battery for a few mins and reconnecting.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Your can buy a Bluetooth OBDII online for about $20 and use one of a few different apps on your phone.

OP
OP
scolba

scolba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got one on the way! I ended up having to stop by the parts store today for lug nuts anyway....so I had the dude clear the codes. The CEL hasn't come back yet after 30 miles or so. Surely pulling the negative cable during the door handle replacement wouldn't bring back up old codes that were in memory?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I got one on the way! I ended up having to stop by the parts store today for lug nuts anyway....so I had the dude clear the codes. The CEL hasn't come back yet after 30 miles or so. Surely pulling the negative cable during the door handle replacement wouldn't bring back up old codes that were in memory?
I don't think so, unless the problem is still there, then yes, the codes will come back, because the issue is still there.

OP
OP
scolba

scolba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well another day, and no more codes. I got my BT ODBII today and messed with Torque. Thats pretty cool.

An odd thing did happen today though. The gas was getting a little bit low, and my fiance reported that it was running rough, and showed a little less than 1/4 of a tank. Then she said she watched the gas needle drop in a matter of seconds, and it said out of fuel. It happened as she was getting to a grocery store, so she parked and went in. When she came back out and turned it on, it was reading just under 1/4 tank again. Very odd. I met her there, and drove home (filled up on the way), while she followed in my truck, and it did indeed run a little rough, but definitely not anything major. And still no CEL, and no codes stored. Any thoughts on THAT one? weird stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879