CCM Leveling Kit Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the CCM 2.5"/1" leveling kit with a buddy of mine today. He helped me with the front but then had to take off so I did the rear spacers myself. It wasn't too terrible but there were couple tricky parts. I definitely suggest using a ball joint separator rather than just banging on the knuckle with a hammer...They're like $9 for a set of three different sizes and they work fantastic. Also, I had to disconnect the sway bar in the rear to get the rear end to drop enough to get the coil springs back on and over the new aluminum spacer. Even then the brake lines and ABS lines were short enough that I had to strain them quite a bit to get enough room to clear the spacer with the spring.

Anyway, the kit did exactly as advertised...it raised the front fenders up from 35-1/2" off the ground to 38". The rear went from 38-1/4" to 39-1/4".

I'm just going to stick with the stock sized (265/65R18) Bridgestone Duelers for now...they don't look goofy or too small even after the kit. Eventually I'll upgrade to some beefy tires and either PC the wheels black or get some ATX Mojaves...

I drove her for a few miles and the ride quality didn't change significantly. It's a little stiffer when hitting large bumps...like speed bumps...but other than that I couldn't pick out any differences.

I kind of wish I would have bought new shocks/struts to put on her while I had it apart...but oh well....not too big of a deal...

BEFORE:

IMG_1765.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_1767.jpg

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Looks good man!
I really wnt to see it after the wheel swap, also maybe you should get some even beefier Nitto Terra Grapplers!?

OP
OP
2 E L O

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm going to get the alignment checked/corrected this week to make sure the kit didn't screw it up. The tires have at least 50% tread life left so these Duelers should last at least another year or more.

When necessary, I'll replace them with some 33s...probably GY Duratracs...

I removed the running boards and trimmed up the front air dam... I owe a lot to InTruckDesign...his Tahoe has deeply inspired the modifications I've done...

Attachments

• IMG_1775.jpg
    IMG_1775.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 88

ProTour 67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have the factory air ride?

I have a 2.5/2" spacer kit that I want to put on but have the air ride. Not sure if the rear spacer will work

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question but 2ELO hasn't been around for a while cause he sold his Tahoe.

Hopefully another member can chime in to help you out. :waytogo:

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have the factory air ride?

I have a 2.5/2" spacer kit that I want to put on but have the air ride. Not sure if the rear spacer will work

It has been done you just have to get shock extensions for your rear shocks.

bherrm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Shock replacement

Anyone ever replace shocks after the leveling kit? Im coming from an 2004 with Rancho My Ride and really liked the ability to change the stiffness in the shocks. My 2010 tahoe rides a little stiffer already, its is a better ride but with the stock 22s *compared to my 20s before* its noticeably stiffer..... Pregnant wife mentioned it but u know how that can be.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts