Can I use a Hi-Lift Jack on stock 2004 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squanjack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to get some equipment to be prepared for a potential tire change on some back roads that I will be driving regularly. I already upgraded my tires and will be running at low pressure. I also bought a Hi-Lift Jack but am now realizing I may not be able to use it because there are no lift points on a stock 2004 Tahoe. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any suggestions on some basic equipment to have in order to be prepared? I also got some traction boards so use in order to get un-stuck and also to provide a good base for any jack that I may end up using.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
PS put the jack under the back seat or as low down and near center of mass if you can. More weight on the roof or at the ends is for people who have used up all the available space OR are mainly interested in looking good at the mall or on social media.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’ve never used one before, be sure to practice with it. They’re sketchy and dangerous to use and would never use mine unless I had to as I had no other option. I keep a tall bottle jack in my off-road rig as my main jack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham