Can I tow right away with new yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crankin

Reaction score
Hey was able to get my hands on an order that someone else has passed on. Eta delivery is July 29.

2022 yukon xl denali
6.2L 4x4
Is it okay to tow with it right away? I've been waiting awhile for one.
I will be towing my travel trailer near the max tow limit of the yukon.
Will be traveling anywhere from 100km to 300km distance
Thanks

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know for sure, but I think generally your suppose to break in with about 1,000 miles first. My bro’s f-250 was that way

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a rule you should give it at least 500 miles to bed the brakes and let the drivetrain run in a bit….
But, I drove my 2004 ram 750 miles with a 5k loaded cargo trailer the very next morning after picking it up…. And well, 18 years later, it’s still here and runs like new….

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The owners manual is pretty clear not to tow till its broken in. You are not just breaking in the motor. The trans, the differential, and the brakes are all breaking in. A light tow I guess would be ok, but to have no miles and just come right out and tow to the max weight not the best idea.

OP
OP
crankin

crankin

Reaction score
As a rule you should give it at least 500 miles to bed the brakes and let the drivetrain run in a bit….
But, I drove my 2004 ram 750 miles with a 5k loaded cargo trailer the very next morning after picking it up…. And well, 18 years later, it’s still here and runs like new….
Yeah that's what I figured. But obviously its recommended but with your example it didn't seem to hurt it

OP
OP
crankin

crankin

Reaction score
The owners manual is pretty clear not to tow till its broken in. You are not just breaking in the motor. The trans, the differential, and the brakes are all breaking in. A light tow I guess would be ok, but to have no miles and just come right out and tow to the max weight not the best idea.
Yeah owners manual is the best place to check. Unfortunately I don't have one to look at yet. All makes sense it is breaking in all the power train, brakes etc. Ideally I would like to have at least one oil change done before towing but with it being mid summer and camping season my options seem to be limited. Will get as many miles in before towing

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are mountains involved? If you take it extra-easy on everything (light accelerations, manually shift early to keep the engine revs low, cruise at different speeds on the highway, brake lightly and early, etc.) you'll be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn