Can I put a sierra climate control in my tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently have a 2012 tahoe lt with automatic temp control. I want to go manual control, looks like I would prefer the sierra controls with single temp dial..

Will it work?

doesn't look like it..delete this post unless someone knows how!

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the wiring is different along with the actuators. Not because one is a Tahoe and the other a Sierra, because of the different kinds of climate control.

What's wrong with your automatic control?

Those who are always fidgeting with the controls wear the system out sooner than those who set the temperature and wait until the cab has reached the desired temperature.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently have a 2012 tahoe lt with automatic temp control. I want to go manual control, looks like I would prefer the sierra controls with single temp dial..

Will it work?

doesn't look like it..delete this post unless someone knows how!
sell it and buy a lower trim level with manual control, you theoretically could change them but you would have to tear the vehicle dash apart and replace everything, not even worth the hassle in any way shape or form.

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a peeve of mine, always liked manual controls. Quick fan and temp control, dont have to look for tiny buttons and push them 10 times to change temp/fan/position. Funny the manual controls all look less worn than the auto! Anyhow, it looks like I am stuck..

Thank you Swath and Doub for the responses. I know I've looked through posts from you two. Doubelieve, I'm in Sacramento so we close.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a peeve of mine, always liked manual controls. Quick fan and temp control, dont have to look for tiny buttons and push them 10 times to change temp/fan/position. Funny the manual controls all look less worn than the auto! Anyhow, it looks like I am stuck..

Thank you Swath and Doub for the responses. I know I've looked through posts from you two. Doubelieve, I'm in Sacramento so we close.
I’m the other way around. Car and driver did a feature on this years ago and demonstrated that setting automatic controls to your target final temperature (mine is set to 72 winter and 68 summer) and leaving them alone is the fastest way to cold or hot. I love not having to mess with tweaking the dials constantly. But to each their own, for sure.

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All for differences of opinion/preference.
To clarify, it's buttons vs dials that bothers me.

My method:
Full blast hot or cold until it's more than enough, then turn it down.
Usually a quick fan twist, temp twist, or a/c-recirc button.. hardly taking eyes off the road.
Don't like little buttons and waiting 5 seconds for the temp to change

So for me, the benefits of auto don't outweigh having buttons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu