can I flash PCM to remove CARB emission programming?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While you have that sensor disconnected, load test the heater circuit with something like a turn signal bulb, see if it lights brightly when first turning the ignition key to 'run'.

OP
OP
N

Nate07Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Question for you guys…downstream sensors only check emission function of CATs right? If I space them out of the exhaust, it won’t change my fuel ratios or anything right?

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
That won't work, they need to see heat and activity.
Replace both the upstream and downstream sensors with OEM, do them at the same time so you don't end up with other issues.

OP
OP
N

Nate07Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All, replaced one side downstream sensor with a Bosch 15898 and then the CEL code shifted to only the other bank...so I replaced that one with the a Bosch too and I now have no CEL...I guess this confirms previous posts that CARB cats are not different but rather just go through a certification process. So pumped to have a clear dash...thanks all for your support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep