Can I change the battery on 2021 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you replace the battery on a 2021 Tahoe without messing up the computer system? My battery is completely dead.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you in warranty yet? If so, take to dealer and you likely will get a new one. Your computer system has no power to it if the battery is dead, so a different battery installed wont hurt anything. Your settings and preferences may be lost, but it should work just fine.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any benefit to putting a tender on the terminals while changing them?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any benefit to putting a tender on the terminals while changing them?
using a battery saver can be hit n miss while changing the battery, best case you won't loose any settings. worst case it doesn't work reset's everything, not a big deal nothing you would need to go to the dealer for or anything.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was looking for a battery for our 2019 most places noted profession installation required. I don't know what the reason is for that but with the OP's dead battery I'd think a standard swap out would work fine. Unusual for a battery to go completely dead though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was looking for a battery for our 2019 most places noted profession installation required. I don't know what the reason is for that but with the OP's dead battery I'd think a standard swap out would work fine. Unusual for a battery to go completely dead though.
professional installation is not required, I mean guess if you are a few cards short of a full deck maybe.......

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can change the battery without a problem. Just changed my 21 to an Odyssey. Stock battery was dying. Guess a month sitting on the dealer lot waiting for lifters didn’t do it any good.

Biggest problem is they are heavy. Easier to remove than a 2016, but seems heavier as well.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats why I usually go to Sam's Club and just buy the best AGM they have available. They change them for free, know how to handle practically every battery situation, usually attach a tender that saves all your settings and 1/2 hr later you are back on the road for years. Not worth the hassle to lift that beast out any longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons