Can I bag the rear instead of new springs?

Discussion in 'Street Suspension' started by EfiniMotorsport, Jan 3, 2019.

Sponsored By: DJM Belltech
  1. EfiniMotorsport

EfiniMotorsport Member

Name:
    Brent
    I just lowered my 04 Yukon Denali about 4" using a maxtrac kit. Front spindles and keys and rear springs. Along with the new shocks the truck feels amazing. Very little body roll and not too harsh over bumps. My only issue with the kit is the rear springs didn't get me enough of a drop. I've still got an extra inch or so gap in the rear vs the front. At some point I'd like to bag the truck but wanted to know if it's possible to use bags for the rear now to get me the drop I want even without the adjustment of compressor, valves, etc. New springs are going to be about $200 anyway but if I can jut skip to bags in the first place and save a few $ I'd rather go that route. I'm also hoping that saves me from having to do helper bags for towing my boat too. Too much to ask?

2. NathanJax

NathanJax Vacation Nathan Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Name:
    Nathan
    Yes, you can also look in to swapping the TBSS factory bags in to the stock spring location. Bunch of post about this in this section

3. EfiniMotorsport

EfiniMotorsport Member

Name:
    Brent
    I tried looking for posts on how to's and couldn't find anything. Do you have any links?

4. SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter Full Access Member

Name:
    Chris
    While I don't have anything to offer as far as help goes, I do have a piece of advice

Design/space your system appropriately such that the vehicle is still drive able with the bags aired all the way out. I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen someone's set up fail and just drop their car on the ground such that thr thing can't even be moved.

5. EfiniMotorsport

EfiniMotorsport Member

Name:
    Brent
    That was my plan.

6. iamdub

iamdub It's always something.

Name:
    Chris
    It could always still be moved- Spark it or park it!

[​IMG]

SnowDrifter likes this.