Can anyone help me find out what happened here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check for a crack in the weld area where your dipstick tube is welded to the mounting bracket that goes down to the head. I have seen them crack there, or the spot welds pull apart, and when hot, will shoot oil all over that area of the engine.
I just pulled out my transmission dipstick yesterday and the filler tube came out with it! This is a common problem, so common that O'Reilley's had one in stock. It was a real pain to replace it, and the Dorman-brand replacement didn't fit exactly right. It didn't fully seat into the transmission, but the seal is 3/4" long and it doesn't seem to be leaking.

OP
OP
davidavidd

davidavidd

Reaction score
Hi huys, I'm back, the virus kept me away for a few days. Since the event occurred, it has not happened again (oil level OK), so I conclude that it was an excess of oil that was expelled. The truck is working perfectly, now that I'm fine again I'm going to rebuild the front suspension because it's starting to sound like an old bed with a new girlfriend on it, what a job awaits me :signs8:

Greetings from Colombia, I hope you visit my country I will be in yours for a few days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98