Can A Digital Multimedia Receiver play video files

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was looking at adding a new head unit but i would like to keep the rear entertainment usable. I am not finding much luck in finding out if i can use a reciever and just download movies to a usb stick or if i would be better off buying a reciever with dvd compatibility.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at adding a new head unit but i would like to keep the rear entertainment usable. I am not finding much luck in finding out if i can use a reciever and just download movies to a usb stick or if i would be better off buying a reciever with dvd compatibility.
any of the newer pioneer or kenwood decks that are not bottom of the line will do it, many of them will support dual zone/rse with the right adapters
and many brand name decks are compatible with the maestro RR which is a programmable interface that lets you retain most or all of the built in oem radio features and Bose if you have it.

if your thinking of a chinese android deck they will not support rse nor dual zone, at least none that I have seen will.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no i was looking at the dmx7706S kenwood unit
that particular deck supports dual zone and will play video files from a usb thumb drive that are less than 4gb (each), there are refurbished ones on ebay for $249

kenwoo.JPG

Spades

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the dmx706s it's amazing only problem I'm having is i can't get it to play on my rear flip down monitor

20200131_152218.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HpinAZ