Tesla Style Vertical Stereo Recommendations - 2013 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcoko15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
EDIT: I just noticed the sticky thread that refers to the Phoenix Auto stereo a lot. Since the last post was late 2022 I assume there actually aren't many other options out there. If this is a wasted post with anything possible to discuss already part of the sticky post then I apologize.

So, I have overwhelmed myself with trying to replace my aftermarket DVD head unit with hopefully a reliable large touchscreen stereo.

I replaced my factory stereo with a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. Played movies great, has an SD card slot for accessing files, overall a great experience.

There is a good chance it has died. Either that or something went wrong with the wiring behind the dash when I had to cram 6 pounds of wire into next to no space. It did run for over 6 years flawlessly so I am not to upset about it.

I have wanted to replace it with a Tesla style android option for a while so instead of trying to fix the current install I have opted to research replacing it. If there is something wrong with the wiring I have to fix that anyway, might as well upgrade at the same time.

That said, does anyone have any recommendations for those Tesla style systems? I've looked at Phoenix Automotive but they have some real negative review floating around. Linkswell doesn't support 2013 Yukons and most of the other's I have found seem to be better sold on Aliexpress or are knockoffs of the same badly review units from Pheonix Auto.

Looking for at the least:
-Video playback
-Rear screen output
-SD, micro SD, or USB expand to play videos and music from
-Wifi connectivity to connect to hotspot for streaming, google maps, etc.
-replacements of climate and other controls (seems typical as the tall screen covers those instruments)
-fast booting, don't like the idea of waiting 30 seconds for the thing to boot up

I have to image this brain trust as some experience with this and would greatly appreciate any insights you all may have.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mcoko15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since I did pretty much replicated a sticky thread let me change the question up a bit.

Has anyone found and had good experiences with any double din 13+ inch android stereos. Those that are more universal applications as opposed to set up to replace a significant portion of the instrument and audio cluster. Just want a good fast loading android system even if it doesn't fit flush with the dash. Thanks!

Similar to this type
1685880549370.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec