Cammed 5.3l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a cammed 5.3l nnbs? Wondering if a cam mod is worth the $$$ and effort for a daily driver that does some boat towing too. Thanks!

a cam will typical move your torque curve. Taking some out of the bottom to put it on top (horsepower). Moving your curve up the RPM range isn't going to help towing. FI with a cam work work - $$$.

Logan S Bull

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
a cam will typical move your torque curve. Taking some out of the bottom to put it on top (horsepower). Moving your curve up the RPM range isn't going to help towing. FI with a cam work work - $$$.
I did a low lift truck cam 208 212 550 550 and a full rebuild of my lmg . For towing no sir it would really hurt it I think. However in the foot and seat power throughout the curve is more low end did loose some umpth over stock. Stak would help. Dyno read 330 at the wheels after 8k in parts. N/A IS NOT THE WAY. LOL

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats your gearing? That might make a bigger difference than a cam depending ok your ratio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia