Buyer's Remorse - 2015 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M26 Pershing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have owned and still have (BMW,Audi,GMC,Honda) Benz,Jag,BMW,Audi,Lexus,Range Rover. My worst was my Junxus/Lexus a Toyota in a Tux.The door handle fell off two days after delivery,rattles, etc. Drove it less than 1500 miles and traded for another BMW. The gas Benz E, was troublesome and the interior was ok, the BMWs have been great but require care, the last two Audis had the best interiors and have been problem free. The Honda for my kids has had several issues and the interior is very cheap as is the price point of the car. i just ordered a 2015i Denali XL. I have kept my old 2002 Denali XL and it is one of the most problem free cars I have owned (over 150K miles). The interior on the old Denali was kind of cheep looking but has held up well. The new Denali I test drove was nicer than the Benz GL, BMW X5 I have but not as nice as the Audi. Never keep a German Car after the warranty expires. I have, but can handle most repairs. I love GM and have for many years. I just will not purchase a Cadiilac over a German car.

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a BMW fan I see your points about your Yukon. I treated my Escalade and I treat my Tahoe like trucks. They're nice trucks and we're rough on them. They have good drivetrains. They aren't as refined as my BMW. They're different.

Due to family size we need one.

Why don't you get rid of yours? I personally like mine and wouldn't trade for anything else in its class.

MortMan

Reaction score
My Acura TL was the worst car I ever owned. When it wasn't in service it was fun to drive...but at the end of the day it was a dressed up Accord that got me on a first name basis with the service writer at the local Acura dealer. Haven't owned another import since.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QC must be a rubber stamp in most cases. Lets say the truck goes through QC and they see that the stitching on a front seat is noticeably crooked. Are they really going to take that seat out and have the factory send them another one? I am doubtful. Shouldn't a seat issue be caught by the factory that makes the set before it gets shipped to the plant?
Another case in point: guy that owns a Chevy dealership told me about a black 1996 impala SS was special ordered for a customer. They pulled it off the truck and the paint on the drivers side didn't look right. He called chevrolet and they said the car had been scratched down the side and they blended in the black and clear coated it and it had passed quality control. He told them no way it looks like crap. And they told him it had passed QC and that there was not a problem and there would be no further fixes or credits. The dealer had his body shop remove all the trim and reshot and cleared the entire left side of the car. There were no other fixes because by that time the Impala SS was out of production.

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the OP. I have a 2015i Yukon XL Denali. 3 months old. It now has 5k miles. Lots of squeaks and noises. A bad vibration when I let of the throttle. Quality is just not there. My 2011 Denali was built much better. Proven when I got rid of it 3 months ago with close to 100k miles on it it was quieter than my new one.

I love the way it looks. Love the power. Love the size. My only complaint is the quality.

There just aren't very many options out there for a large SUV with all the luxuries. So I would probably still be forced to buy it again.

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has soooo many issues that it has become a joke. It was built the first week of the 2015i conversion and I do not know if that has anything to do with it. I am about to trade it and get another.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has soooo many issues that it has become a joke. It was built the first week of the 2015i conversion and I do not know if that has anything to do with it. I am about to trade it and get another.
Yes agree with you I think that is the way I preferred to take the lost and have a better car. I'm in the same situation with my car too. Love but the grinding noise when is in AUTO or 4H is very bad. [emoji19] [emoji19]
Will get maybe a 2016C it may be fix.