2015 Denali XL adaptive cruise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TKauto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just bought a 2015 Yukon XL with the Denali package, it does not have the heads up display option but I was under the assumption all Denali's had ACC.... am I wrong? I bought the truck for a last minute trip to Disney Land with a small army from Ireland so I get on the road and couldn't get the cruise to flow with traffic. Is it possible that a Denali wasn't equipped with ACC or is there a way to disable, I watched youtube on how to use and I'm not seeing the 3 orange lane markers to let you set distance, cruise works but in old school way. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Side note, car has 128K, trans has a decent knock when cold, does the trans thermostat upgrade help with that? I'm going to buy the V4 bypass for the OBD port, anything else I should jump on to get this truck as close to bullet proof as possible?

OP
OP
T

TKauto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a site I can put the VIN into and see if ACC is optioned for the vehicle?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just bought a 2015 Yukon XL with the Denali package, it does not have the heads up display option but I was under the assumption all Denali's had ACC.... am I wrong? I bought the truck for a last minute trip to Disney Land with a small army from Ireland so I get on the road and couldn't get the cruise to flow with traffic. Is it possible that a Denali wasn't equipped with ACC or is there a way to disable, I watched youtube on how to use and I'm not seeing the 3 orange lane markers to let you set distance, cruise works but in old school way. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Side note, car has 128K, trans has a decent knock when cold, does the trans thermostat upgrade help with that? I'm going to buy the V4 bypass for the OBD port, anything else I should jump on to get this truck as close to bullet proof as possible?

Is anyone aware of a site I can put the VIN into and see if ACC is optioned for the vehicle?

Those were options and not standard equipment even on the Denali trim level. Have the transmission fluid changed, there was a problem with the early spec'd fluid and they came out with new fluid that made them run smooth again. Run the severe service schedule. I don't know if those 8-Speeds have a thermostat or not, don't remember.

Enjoy the vacation, sounds like fun!

OP
OP
T

TKauto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks folks!!! Really appreciate it, I made a request to GM but they said they dont share build sheets anymore. I guess it didn't come equipped, I'll update if I can find more. Hoping to eventually be a member that can add knowledge, this is a dream of a family hauler and I plan to own more and rent on Turo. Best part is I'm a FORD truck guy, but these tahoe/suburbans are the ultimate SUV hands down, not a question. Cheers!

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re not missing much with the ACC. It jerks you and is very annoying to your passenger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz