Buyer's Remorse - 2015 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVL

Reaction score
I waited for a while to post this...wanted to give it some time to form a more education and less reactionary opinion. Now, after owning my 2015 Denali XL for 6 months and 10,000 miles I can say it: I wish I would not have bought it.

Here's why:
I don't trust it. Repeated issues with the AWD system, various features that don't work, many squeaks/rattles, poor fit and finish all around, and some clearly poor engineering. The truck looks great for sure...but after 10,000 miles it feels equally as used as the 2005 Toyota Sequoia with 140,000 miles that I traded in. It's not bad enough for a lemon law claim, but not good enough to keep me from feeling like a sucker for having bought a $74k GMC.

I love cars, any maybe at some point I'll learn to love parts of this one...but I wish I would not have bought it.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I waited for a while to post this...wanted to give it some time to form a more education and less reactionary opinion. Now, after owning my 2015 Denali XL for 6 months and 10,000 miles I can say it: I wish I would not have bought it.

Here's why:
I don't trust it. Repeated issues with the AWD system, various features that don't work, many squeaks/rattles, poor fit and finish all around, and some clearly poor engineering. The truck looks great for sure...but after 10,000 miles it feels equally as used as the 2005 Toyota Sequoia with 140,000 miles that I traded in. It's not bad enough for a lemon law claim, but not good enough to keep me from feeling like a sucker for having bought a $74k GMC.

I love cars, any maybe at some point I'll learn to love parts of this one...but I wish I would not have bought it.

No regrets here, i love the truck but GM have to come with some fixing for this car i have already 19,800 miles, not problem but the transfer case and 2 guys
with 2015i start to have the same problem.
the reason why i bought is because i dont want not buddy to control my life style, mean " miles controled" that is not for me.
:hmmm2:

Last edited:

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Its all perception of value. That thing is no more higher quality than the GM.

JBmore

Reaction score
This is my 3rd GM truck and I am happier and more impressed with this vehicle than either of my previous two, a second and third generation Escalade. Quieter, smoother, and much better build quality.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is a higher standard of quality vs the Benz..... however the additional $$$ is not worth it to me

OP
OP
S

SVL

Reaction score
Its all perception of value. That thing is no more higher quality than the GM.

Ummmm....no.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Curious what makes the fit / finish not up to your standards?

Plastic bits not aligning, carpet not covering corners, drivers seat back comes loose easily, rattles, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts