Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well….this is not a car repair post, but it is a post about my 2 older boys working together to solve a scary problem.

Javier was eating lunch at work and started choking. He said he threw up and was a little better, but still had some issues breathing and was continuing to throw up so he went home thinking it was just a passing thing. While there, he started having more issues breathing and motioned for Joseph to give him the heimlich. Each time Joseph did it, Javier would bring up more food. Eventually Javier was breathing better. He still couldn’t swallow so about that time Julie got home and took him to the ER. It ended up being a piece of food stuck in his esophagus right above the stomach so they took right to the OR to intubate him. Fortunately, there was a great GI Dr at the hospital that was able to clear the food out.

He said the Heimlich done by Joseph was key to the happy ending.

Scary thing, but glad to know my boys were able to understand what was happening and not panic.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well….this is not a car repair post, but it is a post about my 2 older boys working together to solve a scary problem.

Javier was eating lunch at work and started choking. He said he threw up and was a little better, but still had some issues breathing and was continuing to throw up so he went home thinking it was just a passing thing. While there, he started having more issues breathing and motioned for Joseph to give him the heimlich. Each time Joseph did it, Javier would bring up more food. Eventually Javier was breathing better. He still couldn’t swallow so about that time Julie got home and took him to the ER. It ended up being a piece of food stuck in his esophagus right above the stomach so they took right to the OR to intubate him. Fortunately, there was a great GI Dr at the hospital that was able to clear the food out.

Scary thing, but glad to know my boys were able to understand what was happening and not panic.
Wow! Scary situation there. Thank God Joseph knew what he was doing. How's Javier doing now? Nothing stronger then brotherly love!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Holy sh*t.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645