Broken motor mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

irrating8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Denali with broken driver side. I have been look at the threads and saw where Jennifer from GMC customer service can possibly help with this problem.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your ride is out of warranty, not seeing how GM customer service can help you.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Denali with broken driver side. I have been look at the threads and saw where Jennifer from GMC customer service can possibly help with this problem.
Yeah good luck. Broken motor mounts are common even after replaced. You can use the H3 mounts. Guys have had good success with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Replace all three at same time regardless of whatever you choose. The weakest motor mount immediately begins wearing out the newest mount.

Motor mounts are tuned. When they wear, they rely more on the other dampeners to compensate. There actually is a scientific equation to each mount set up based on lifespan, comfort, performance, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise me on how difficult it is to change all 3 motor mounts on a 2007 Yukon XL Denali (6.2L)? I don't believe that I have a broken one, but with 135k miles on it, perhaps it makes sense to be proactive, if it is not a major pain in the ass to do so.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd or awd?

2wd easy from the buttom, just support engine and pull one at a time. with front diff just requires a little more time to work the bolts to the engine block, with stock exhaust manifolds it shouldnt be bad

transmission iirc is on a removable cross member. support transmission/tcase . unbolt it and the crossmember to swap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442