Broken Connecting Rod! Yikes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eldiablo

Reaction score
Well I did compression test followed by leakdown test all my problems on the drivers side. Pulled the head off, number five had zero compression. So I wigled on top of the piston and it pushed freely all the way down. So I have a broken connecting rod. Hopefull not a chewed up crank. Ill pull the pan off tomorow and take a look. Found a piston and rod out of same year low miles cheap. Heads all cleaned up its straight no cracks so far. Will do a quickie valve clean up on it, hopeully put in the piston and rod and tighter her all up. I have a bit of experience with saving crankshafts. Raced motocross for 40 years, built up alot of bikes. We will see. Probablly going to sell it and get a newer one with lower miledge. Well see. I like driving older stuff and working on it myself sense of acomplishment.

OP
OP
E

Eldiablo

Reaction score
Okay guys, got her all butoned up today, hit the key smooth has silk. I went ahead and pulled the other head. Valves were in bad, bad shape. Did a valve job in my garage, new seals new head gaskets. Double checked all the injectors hit the key pure sweetness. Finally. Thanks for putting up with me. She is still burning all that fuel out of the exhaust system from the three stuck injectors. I am actually quite amazed I pulled it off! Put it all back together and had it running in 11 hours. Im tired and very happy. I really thought I got my but kicked. Got to go buy a battery, drive it a bit and change the oil a couple times to make sure all the fuel is gone. !!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz