Broke a lug.....WTF!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Hey y'all. I was messing around with my truck today and I reckon I cross threaded one of the lugs because when I went to take the wheel off again it was stuck and after some fussing it just snapped in half.......

What should I do? I've never had a lug break. I've taken these wheels off 20 or 30 times and no problems..... Half the lug is broken off in the nut so I will probably have to get new lugs since they are lock nuts but what about the stud?

Let me know.......

:emotions122:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Whats cross threaded a lug nut?
Also help clear me up, is it the "lug nut" that broke or the "lug stud", thanks!

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This stuff is in the air..check out my thread about studs and see if that helps...I posted a video too

BOSS

OP
OP
Grocery Getter

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Whats cross threaded a lug nut?
Also help clear me up, is it the "lug nut" that broke or the "lug stud", thanks!

I guess it didn't go on straight and the threads got jacked up once I drove on it because when I got home and had to get the wheel off again it got stuck and broke. The lug stud broke in half....

OP
OP
Grocery Getter

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
I found it, looks like just take the brake rotor off pound it out and pull it through with the nut....

Any suggestions on how to get the other half of the stud out of the nut so I don't have to buy all new lug nuts. I have a locking set and I can't buy just one as far as I know since each set has a unique patten and socket..........

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Chances are the nut itself is also ruined, seeings how the lug nut did break.

OP
OP
Grocery Getter

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Yeah, no doubt. I will just epoxy that ****** in place until I powder coat my wheels and then I will just buy black lugs and fix the stud...... no harm in driving on 5.5 lugs for a bit......right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10