A truck people don't cut off in traffic.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a new truck the other day. The ad sort of popped up when I was looking for something else. No rust and a rebuilt transmission. I've had issues on my farm with the 2wd GMC I've had for a while. I picked up a '96 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 with surgrip rear. Ugly as a mud fence but no major rust. A little on the rear wheel wells. It's a beater, no doubt about that.

20210701_133843.jpg

I went to replace the left front tie rod but had to get the wheel off. No big deal, right? What I expected to be an hour or two job took 7. I destroyed 3 sockets, two extraction sockets for damaged lug nuts, one lug stud, one center cap and the wheel is now going to be a spare. Whoever did the brakes last HAMMERED the lug nuts on. The cheap factory nuts are coming apart so I have a set of new ones coming and each stud will need to be checked in case they are stretched. I think I can save the wheel hub.