Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since I purchased these Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires from Costco, they have had a vibration in them. I originally went for Michelin, but those were out of stock and I agreed to put these on. Now seems like such a $1000 mistake even after 3 years.

The tires still have 50% tread on them, but the vibration is so annoying. It's all the time, but at 70 on the freeway it's terrible. I have had them rotated and balanced at different tore shops several times and nothing fixes the vibration.

So I guess it's possible to have tires balanced on the machine that for whatever reason just tend to vibrate on a particular vehicle? Can you get a bad set of tires? I feel the vibration sitting in the front row, back row, driver side, and passenger side. I took a trip the day after getting them installed and on the freeway I just assumed they didn't balance them correctly.

I guess I should have gone right back to Costco and said these tires are crap, but we are way past that now. Not that I could actually back that claim up though. I have learned my lesson. Only Michelin for this Yukon.

Last edited:

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find someone with a Hunter roadforce balancer. You are correct that Michelin makes some nice tires.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the duelers. Lol. They dealership I bought my 2006 from out a new set of them on my Denali when they took it as a trade in. I bought it and driving home home the first trip they were terrible. They squeezed around the slightest of a corner, even at low speeds. They slipped all over the place when it was wet, and they vibrated like crazy. I had them road forced, and they still shook. I went to Michelin LTX all terrains when my bad front alignment ate through the two front bridge stones. After alignment and new sway bar bushings those michelins were by far the best tire I've ever had.

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was searching and found this statement from someone. Didn't realize tires could be out of round.

I'm coming to this discussion late, but currently having a similar problem with 20" Bridgestone Duelers and wondering if anyone in this thread made progress with positive outcome.

Our Enclave developed a constant vibration (like wheels not properly balanced) at 30,000. Took it to an excellent local shop that diagnosed a couple tires are out-of-round.

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no directional arrow on these tires. I wonder if swapping tires from left side to right side and vice versa would make a difference?

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As said above, roadforce balancing is what you need. It is my understanding that it can fix most balance issues and identify things that can't be fixed. It costs around $20 per tire in my area.

Good luck.

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the road force balanced at multiple tire shops. Specifically asked them they type of machine they are using.

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am out of ideas then. Sorry. If it bothers you that bad, your only choice may be to buy new tires.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo