Brake upgrade options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the EBC slotted rotors and green stuff pads for the front axel. Got them for $340 from Autoanything.com. They make a big difference in stopping power. Still breaking them in though. EBC recommends light use for the first 200 miles then the usual 60-0 bedding process after that. Right now they are squealing a lot, but this should go away after the 60-0 bedding.

Whoever got the SSBC big brake kit for $385 got a screaming deal (I can't believe it though). Those calipers are billet stainless steel!

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you guys upgrade your brake lines too? stainless brake lines over the rubber lines offer a huge improvement in brake feel and less fade too when heated especially towing. Not sure if these trucks come with them already but there was huge improvement on my street car when I upgraded all of the lines to ss.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgrade to stainless steel braided lines are optimal and help with pedal feel. I am going to do this when I need to change out the brake fluid. I do not tow or haul relative heavy loads. Brake fad is more a function of rotor and pads, but pedal modulation/travel can be severly affected by high brake fluid temp.

With the big brake kits, does the applied pressures between the front and rear need to be re-portioned?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz