2006 Yukon Denali XL Rear Axle Upgrade Compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakerj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been reading through the forums and just finding bits and pieces to try and answer my question of what 14 bolt is a direct swap on my Yukon? Seems to be a lot out there on 2007, but not so much on 2006 body style. We upgraded our camper and trying to upgrade the Yukon to pull the additional weight (about 7k). Black Bear tune coming soon. I think a 2006 Escalade 4x2, (3.73 ratio, opt GT4), 9-1/2' ring gear will bolt right in but not 100% sure. If it does, will I have to do the u-joint swap as well? What about backing plates, parking brake cables and brake lines? Does rear ABS plug right up? What else am I not thinking of? Thanks in advance guys, great forum you have here.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know on the rear coil spring suspension axles, but the trucks with the leaf springs had the rpo AXN axle that was the 14 bolt and is pretty much a direct swap for the 10 bolt, except for a conversion u joint IIRC.

Does your 06 have rear wheel speed sensors? I thought that came out on the GMT 900s?

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just got under it and no ABS wires. I sure thought it did. Too many vehicles here, can't keep them all straight lol
Yeah, that what I thought. The GMT 800 use the transmission speed sensors and the front wheel hub speed sensors to detect wheel slippage.

On the GMT 900 I believe they went with individual hub speed sensors. That's not an issue though. If the newer axles interchange, you simply won't plug the axle speed sensor to anything.

Parking brake cables and suspension compatibility is the only thing you really have to worry about. Also brake lines.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been reading through the forums and just finding bits and pieces to try and answer my question of what 14 bolt is a direct swap on my Yukon? Seems to be a lot out there on 2007, but not so much on 2006 body style. We upgraded our camper and trying to upgrade the Yukon to pull the additional weight (about 7k). Black Bear tune coming soon. I think a 2006 Escalade 4x2, (3.73 ratio, opt GT4), 9-1/2' ring gear will bolt right in but not 100% sure. If it does, will I have to do the u-joint swap as well? What about backing plates, parking brake cables and brake lines? Does rear ABS plug right up? What else am I not thinking of? Thanks in advance guys, great forum you have here.
Welcome to the best forum on the interwebz, from Texas! I’m interested in this topic as well. Would love a direct swap 14 bolt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts