Brake Pads - Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to replace the all pads on my 2017 and wondered if you guys had any specific suggestions?

The vehicle is primarily used as a daily driver with a mix of street/highway and some towing of a 19ft fishing boat to local lakes and once/twice a year to SD or MN.

I looked at the power stop Z17 Evolutions on Rock Auto and thought those looked reasonable for what I need.

Any feed back is appreciated.
Tim

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
How many miles do you have on the existing pads and are they the factory original pads? Has the existing pads performed to your standards?

Rear AC Delco pads: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9313804&cc=3434402&jsn=2311

Front AC Delco pads: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9313824&cc=3434402&jsn=2312

Rear AC Delco rotors: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5630823&cc=3434402&jsn=2461

Front AC Delco rotors: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5630829&cc=3434402&jsn=2462

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron,

Thanks for the suggestions & going to the trouble of adding the URLs.

I just bought it a few months ago so I am not certain about whether they are original or not. The vehicle has 78k on it, if the previous owner spent anytime driving around the city I would think they have been replaced once?

As far as preforming as I would expect, I should have couched my statement about use better - that is how it will be used. I haven't driven it enough to answer the question.

I'll give the AC Delco' you suggested.

Again, thanks for taking the time to answer.

Tim

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No problem. I looked the pads/rotors up not knowing your RPO options, so don't go by just my links. Make sure to double check all of it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron,

Thanks for the suggestions & going to the trouble of adding the URLs.

I just bought it a few months ago so I am not certain about whether they are original or not. The vehicle has 78k on it, if the previous owner spent anytime driving around the city I would think they have been replaced once?

As far as preforming as I would expect, I should have couched my statement about use better - that is how it will be used. I haven't driven it enough to answer the question.

I'll give the AC Delco' you suggested.

Again, thanks for taking the time to answer.

Tim

My truck's first set of pads went 57,282 miles and the second set went 78,658 miles. OE Pads and Original Rotors. Replaced the rotors and used OE pads again. If they offer them, use the drag reduction clips, my gas mileage went up a little.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to replace the all pads on my 2017 and wondered if you guys had any specific suggestions?

The vehicle is primarily used as a daily driver with a mix of street/highway and some towing of a 19ft fishing boat to local lakes and once/twice a year to SD or MN.

I looked at the power stop Z17 Evolutions on Rock Auto and thought those looked reasonable for what I need.

Any feed back is appreciated.
Tim
If you are replacing pads then you'll also be replacing the rotors (at least on the front anyway). This would be a great time to upgrade to either the GM Brembo brakes on the front, or just buy directly from Brembo. With the towing you do, the difference will be immediately noticeable. I know there are other brands that are even higher capacity like Willwood, but for average HD use the Brembo's will work well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645