Brake Pad Monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Padraig

Reaction score
I had this posted in the wrong section so repeating it here.

I have a 2023 Suburban Duramax. On the info page is a brake life monitor. Does anyone know how it measures brake life? Also, how accurate is it?

Thanks.

Padraig

OP
OP
P

Padraig

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! That is what I was looking for, the mechanics of it. I wonder if non dealers can replace the sensor

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! That is what I was looking for, the mechanics of it. I wonder if non dealers can replace the sensor

As long as they can source the parts it shouldn't be difficult to replace the wear sensor.
The big question is if you need a Tech 2 to reset the display, if it resets automatically with a new sensor, you can reset it like you would your tripometer, or an advanced ODB II tool would be needed.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as they can source the parts it shouldn't be difficult to replace the wear sensor.
The big question is if you need a Tech 2 to reset the display, if it resets automatically with a new sensor, you can reset it like you would your tripometer, or an advanced ODB II tool would be needed.
See excerpt in post 2, system is supposed to reset; and it does imply the sensor needs replacement.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

No Tech 2 is going to work on this gen for a brake pad monitor.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gds2, tech2 only works up to 2013/2014