Brake Light Switch Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Seven

Reaction score
My 2011 LT has an issue with the brake lights staying on. I thought it was the brake light switch down on the pedal. Turns out one of the small wires that plugs in to the switch has come loose. I believe it is the purple wire.

What is the best way to fix this? Should I just order a new plug and splice it in?

Thanks!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2011 LT has an issue with the brake lights staying on. I thought it was the brake light switch down on the pedal. Turns out one of the small wires that plugs in to the switch has come loose. I believe it is the purple wire.

What is the best way to fix this? Should I just order a new plug and splice it in?

Thanks!
Might take it to a local mechanic and see if they can extract the connector for that wire from the plug and recrimp it. I have a set of extraction picks for just that reason. Otherwise, splicing in a new plug might be your next best option.

OP
OP
2Seven

2Seven

Reaction score
Might take it to a local mechanic and see if they can extract the connector for that wire from the plug and recrimp it. I have a set of extraction picks for just that reason. Otherwise, splicing in a new plug might be your next best option.
Thanks!

I see that Rock Auto has the whole harness with connectors for about $50. May see if I can get it patched up first and then go that route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros