Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there definitely was. However I've replaced the calipers, pads and discs since then.
Okay,sweet. I was looking at obvious causes. Crack in the rear drum would lip and catch too.
Lol white sage and a prayer to ward off unwanted spirits? Haha

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda leaning toward front axles if no worn suspension parts to shake. Front brakes are the feel and wobble brakes. Those have been done twice. So when you get on brakes axle(s) bind and shake. Put it in 4x4 on something slippery. Sand,snow, Report back.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you drive and apply the parking brake does it pulsate or shake? In diagnosing I'll pull and hold the release and slowly press on the parking brake. When installing the front brakes did you remove the bolts and slides from the calipers and lube them? I'd check all of the front end including control arm bushings and ball joints. Check rear axle U bolts.

OP
OP
S

scoobyjwc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you drive and apply the parking brake does it pulsate or shake? In diagnosing I'll pull and hold the release and slowly press on the parking brake. When installing the front brakes did you remove the bolts and slides from the calipers and lube them? I'd check all of the front end including control arm bushings and ball joints. Check rear axle U bolts.
I've done control arms and such. But ill try the parking brake thing and check out my u bolts. Thanks for the suggestions!

OP
OP
S

scoobyjwc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I fixed it! I had a bad pitman arm, replaced the wheel cylinders in the rear, replaced and lubed my guide pins, and just for good measure had my rotors resurfaced. No more brake shake!!!
Thank you so much to everyone for their help! I tried a LOT of your ideas, those are just what ended up fixing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu