HUGE problem with brakes! Please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your pads are so worn that the fluid level is now low in the master because the caliper pistons have to push out further, that is why the light was on. The noise could have just been the brake pad squealer that touches the rotor and makes noise when the pads get low. Grinding noise is probably a pad is gone, most likely inboard pad. Dont drive it as you now may have air in the master.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you still need a hands-on diagnosis. There could be issues with the parking brake, as well as the rotors and pads. You won't know about the parking brake until you get those rear rotors off.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After re-reading this it sounds almost like the rear inboard pad may be so worn that the caliper piston may have popped out. Is it leaking anything in the rear, either side? Internet diagnosis from vague descriptions can be challenging.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting for the vacay to be over so we can find out what’s actually going on here. :popcorn:

NEECAPR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a similar sounding problem show up a couples months back on my '99. No noise with emergency (Drums) so it had to be front. Found one outer pad was worn down to metal, inner pad not worn much at all.
After missing it at first, found that one of the anchor bolt sleeves in the caliper was rusted in place which kept the caliper from floating on the bolt sleeve to even out the pad wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645