Brake caliper upgrade 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isdatspinks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello can somebody help with this. Ive been wanting to upgrade the calipers on my 2017 Tahoe I was planning on using the ctsvbrakeswap way. But is there any other ideas out there. These corvette calipers are pretty expensive, so is there anything else compatible out there.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reason why a rotor pad combo won't suffice?

I personally run the powerstop z36 package.
Better pad, slotted rotors. And I did the full caliper swap for their red powder coated units just because.

OP
OP
isdatspinks

isdatspinks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Better pad, slotted rotors. And I did the full caliper swap for their red powder coated units just because.
i am looking to have a custom look with my bigger rim. I love the look of brembos but not that price.
are the powerstop calipers bigger then stock?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they are a stock replacement, but better pads and rotors.

I have a 22, 6 spoke stock wheel. It did dress up the area, but did not fill up any.

slupie

Reaction score
Once I need front brakes I will be looking into putting the 19-21 Siverado, 21+ Tahoe/Suburban front 4 piston calipers and rotors on my 18 Suburban.

OP
OP
isdatspinks

isdatspinks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Once I need front brakes I will be looking into putting the 19-21 Siverado, 21+ Tahoe/Suburban front 4 piston calipers and rotors on my 18 Suburban.

Thank you since im not a member can you get a email from that person or the info and send it my way

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am looking to have a custom look with my bigger rim. I love the look of brembos but not that price.
are the powerstop calipers bigger then stock?
I have the PowerStop z36 brake kit installed (OE calipers still used) and have no complaints.
With the lift and increased tire size/weight, I thought a brake upgrade was a smart and perhaps necessary upgrade for the Tahoe and my family's safety.
As I always seem to be on a tight budget, the "Big Brake" brands were out of the question for me. I found the z36 brakes being discussed here on the TYForum and am very happy with the decision.

That being said, Wilwood is a direct competitor of Brembo and has big brake product solutions for our GM SUVs. 6 piston calipers with 16" or 14.5" rotors (depending on wheel setup)
It of course costs extra, but they also provide the option of custom painted calipers, perhaps this is exactly what you're looking for.
Lots to choose from...

ColorCaliperWheel_900 - Wilwood Brakes.jpg

OP
OP
isdatspinks

isdatspinks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
C6 Corvette ZR1 calipers are the upgrades im going for.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C6 Corvette ZR1 calipers are the upgrades im going for.

What's all involved to make those work on our trucks?
Is someone or a company CNC'ing caliper mounting brackets and hardware?
What rotors do you end up using?

From a quick search around the C6 Corvette Calipers are still pretty pricey.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I might need to do this upgrade. It should fit my factory 18" wheels just fine, and I like the idea of slightly better stopping while towing or even just because I have bigger than factory tires now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec