Bowties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Most Hated

Reaction score
I removed the gold part of my front and rear bowties and am looking for some that i can color match. I read that the front was held on by two bolts, but mine came off with adhesive remover and fishing line. It only had two guide pins. The chrome part of the rear bowtie is still on there. Is that one bolted on? And does anyone know where i can find some that are already painted but still have the chrome border? Thanks

ctahoe09

Reaction score
The rear bowtie you can use a fishing line with a hair dryer or a credit card or something similar to a credit card and push towards the center and try to push it towards you with the card and should come off.... The front is held by two 10mm bolts.... The gold and black part of the emblem should come off.... Painting the emblems is fairly easy I used some primer, white spray paint, clear coat

OP
OP
M

Most Hated

Reaction score
The chrome part underneath the black and gold bowtie in the front is held in by two 10mm nuts? It looks like its part of the upper grill shell.

ctahoe09

Reaction score
The chrome is part of the grill except for the black part it's held by 2 bolts

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear bowtie you can use a fishing line with a hair dryer or a credit card or something similar to a credit card and push towards the center and try to push it towards you with the card and should come off.... The front is held by two 10mm bolts.... The gold and black part of the emblem should come off.... Painting the emblems is fairly easy I used some primer, white spray paint, clear coat

That's only part of the story. There are two "locating posts" on the rear one. They don't have nuts or anything holding them in place, but the fishing line won't go through them like with an emblem with nothing but adhesive behind it. So, just be aware that they're there, and work around them.

BP RETIRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's only part of the story. There are two "locating posts" on the rear one. They don't have nuts or anything holding them in place, but the fishing line won't go through them like with an emblem with nothing but adhesive behind it. So, just be aware that they're there, and work around them.

The post are behind the chrome part of the rear bowtie correct?...Can you use fishing line just to remove the gold part of the bowtie and leave the chrome still attached?..

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The post are behind the chrome part of the rear bowtie correct?...Can you use fishing line just to remove the gold part of the bowtie and leave the chrome still attached?..

Yes to the first part, and yes, kind of, to the second part.

The gold part can certainly be removed from the chrome on the rear, but 1) if you're trying to leave the chrome part behind, you'll have to be careful not to scratch the chrome part when removing the gold (apparently, the chrome part is very easy to scratch); and 2) you'll have to be careful removing the gold part if you're trying to save/paint/reapply the gold part because it's apparently very easy to crack/break when removing it.

Hope that helps.

fatboygixxer

Reaction score
I just did my front one yesterday and replaced it with a black billet one. I removed the gold from the back one and gonna install the black one today.

Pics in the build thread in my sig..:mexsmoke:

WhiteStripe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where did you buy the black bowties Fatboy? Ebay? I really want to replace the front and rear bowties with black ones on my white tahoe.

I found these on ebay:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645