Bought a retired Police Tahoe Need some help though.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
Hello

Recently I bought a 2007 Chevy Police Tahoe that has been retired.

Has 81,000 miles

Oil Pressure gauge stays at zero but seems to run and sounds perfect. Possible sensor Im guessing.

Anyhow
The drivers front door has a issue with the lower hinge. Looks like the door was pulled down and the door is bent in at the hinge and the door sags just enough to where it will not open without hitting the fender.

Has anyone had this happen before?
Im hoping to remove the door and take everything out of the door and fab up a plate for the lower hinge and then installing a new hinge on the bottom.

Anyhow
I am so excited to have this Tahoe.
Its a 2007 with 81,000 miles.
Interior is a bit rough.
The City I bought it from had synthetic oil changes done every 2 months.

Cant wait to get some fresh oil in it and repair the door and fender.

IMG_5812.JPG

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hinge may just be a common failed bushing and there are repair kits available- no special fabrication necessary. A failed oil pressure sensor is also fairly common and a relatively cheap fix. Of course, there's a chance that the gauge in the cluster is bad or otherwise faulty circuit in the cluster (also common issue). If you connect a scan tool and it shows oil pressure, then you'll know the sensor is working and sending a signal to the PCM.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Wow 81k on it! There's a lot of life left on that thing. It's not even broken in yet. Lots of good info here. You should be able to find answers to most if not all of your questions.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
I would try to get ahold of the city you picked it up from and talk to the garage and try to get the service history on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st