Bose subwoofer removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering removing the sub as it doesn't seem to add much to the sound quality and I could use the extra space.

Does anyone know if this is this is the correct wire that connects to the sub? And would there happen to be any frame connection hardpoints below (either studs or nuts)?

GHvWuKV.jpg

OP
OP
NOSOK

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as an FYI you need to turn the bass up on these Bose to really make them work.

I was just playing around with the settings, and yeah I noticed that. Bass was at the ~30% mark and it made a big difference just bumping it up to 50%. Turning the bass all the way down sounds the same as unplugging the sub (that wire I circled above is indeed the sub connector).

As for hardpoints there are 3-4 ~3/16" studs that seem to be welded to the body.

I've decided to leave the sub alone for now.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just playing around with the settings, and yeah I noticed that. Bass was at the ~30% mark and it made a big difference just bumping it up to 50%. Turning the bass all the way down sounds the same as unplugging the sub (that wire I circled above is indeed the sub connector).

As for hardpoints there are 3-4 ~3/16" studs that seem to be welded to the body.

I've decided to leave the sub alone for now.

I wonder if your's is blown. I have mine turned up almost all the way and it sounds great in there.

OP
OP
NOSOK

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if your's is blown. I have mine turned up almost all the way and it sounds great in there.

I don't think the sub is blown. I could definitely tell a difference with it unplugged. However on a different note, I'm positive the rear speakers are shot. When I adjust the fader to the rear, I hear absolutely nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972