Bose speakers ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
If you have speakers in the very back like the NBS they may be wired in parallel with the rear door speakers. I'm not sure if the NNBS have the C pillar speakers or whatever they're called. Mine are a weird size, I don't remember the specifics.

Yeah it has them in the D-pillar but I am not worried about changing those out.... that's like a hundred miles away from where I sit.... lol

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
I came across a post from some forum last night that said the front door and this tweeter were wired together so my understanding is that the tweeter is also about 1.6 ohms so that it and door do not exceed the rear door ohms. Does that make sense? Let me see if I can find it...

Here, 6th post down:
http://www.silveradosierra.com/mobile-electronics/new-speakers-with-bose-amp-t114313.html

Yeah, I saw that as well... the only thing that doesn't jive for me is he said the rear speakers are 4.8 ohm.... which doesn't match my 3.6 ohm speakers in the rear doors.... and I don't think he would be referring to door + D-pillar speakers because he had a pickup.

But what you said would make logical sense to me... making the front and rear impedance match. I'm just not 100% sure how many channels the Bose amp is.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it has them in the D-pillar but I am not worried about changing those out.... that's like a hundred miles away from where I sit.... lol
I was just mentioning those because they're on the same channel as the rear door speakers I believe so the actual resistance on those channels depends on if they're wired in series or parallel with the doors. Same goes with the tweeters on the a-pillars. I'm pretty sure they're wired in with the front door speakers. The systems on our trucks have so many different combinations, with the non-Bose, standard Bose, and Lux Bose, that it's hard to figure out what's what with the stock speakers and how they're wired. When you're changing out speakers and you look at the rear door speakers and they're 4 ohms you might think the rear channels are 4 ohms as seen by the amp or HU but if you factor in a d-pillar speaker that's wired in parallel or series that figure obviously changes.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
I was just mentioning those because they're on the same channel as the rear door speakers I believe so the actual resistance on those channels depends on if they're wired in series or parallel with the doors. Same goes with the tweeters on the a-pillars. I'm pretty sure they're wired in with the front door speakers. The systems on our trucks have so many different combinations, with the non-Bose, standard Bose, and Lux Bose, that it's hard to figure out what's what with the stock speakers and how they're wired. When you're changing out speakers and you look at the rear door speakers and they're 4 ohms you might think the rear channels are 4 ohms as seen by the amp or HU but if you factor in a d-pillar speaker that's wired in parallel or series that figure obviously changes.

Agreed.... I just figured since the rear doors are 3.6 ohm I could go with either a 3 or 4 ohm speaker and be really close. I just thought I would rather go 3 ohm for a little more power.

What you just stated is why I am debating changing the A-pillar tweeters or not. If I don't change them then a 2 ohm speaker will be just about perfect to replace the 1.9 ohm Bose in the front doors.That is probably the route I will go.

I was only considering swapping tweeters because the one set of speakers I was looking at came with tweets.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
So in the expert opinion of the jury.....

Would you go coaxial for the rear door speakers or should I buy the components and just keep the tweeters and crossovers for a rainy day and install the mid bass drivers in the rear doors???

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in the expert opinion of the jury.....

Would you go coaxial for the rear door speakers or should I buy the components and just keep the tweeters and crossovers for a rainy day and install the mid bass drivers in the rear doors???
I cant really hear my rear door speakers. I went with coaxials there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic